Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coderx37
Reel Rookie

Weather Channel App - Malformed Headers / HTTP Error Code

I was having the same error messages as every one else, but now it's asking me to sign up for a 7 day free trial or log in with my service provider..... that stinks... i was getting it for free before the update. I cut the cord completely with Cox. We still have internet, but I wish I didn't have even use that with them... No other Internet providers in my area.... Looks like if I want to watch the weather channel, I either have to start another subscription with either the weather channel or Cox again.... 

I'm wondering If I can just sign up for the most basic cable that they offer in order to keep the bill lower and still use the Cox activation codes to watch all of the other shows on Roku.... like the weather channel, Good Morning America, comedy central, etc. ? 

Has anyone else ran into this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Weather Channel App - Malformed Headers / HTTP Error Code

I am having the same issue, just noticed this change this morning. UGH!  Why did they change this, I cut the satellite cord, it was getting to expensive.

0 Kudos
coderx37
Reel Rookie

weather channel wants their money..... i figured something was up when i noticed they have a "premium" version of the phone app to keep the ads from popping up..... 

Cox is the worst, but looks like weather channel is taking a page out of the cox playbook.....

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@coderx37 @Mama2bear670

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos