Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tvwalsh72

Re: “We’re sorry an error has occurred “ message on new CBS shows

Jump to solution

I am getting this same message ONLY with CBS. I’ve followed all of the directions here several times and it works only for that day. If I try to go back the next day, I get that error message again. It really is a pain, you’d think in this day and age this could have been resolved over time. My provider is Spectrum. 

Fetch

Jump to solution

Having to re-authenicate every day is annoying and inconvenient and means anyone visiting cannot watch CBS until I fix it for the day.

My most concerning problem with needing to authenticate every day, is that it does not retain history to continue watching a show where I left off.

Other apps (ABC, NBC) remembered my favorites and where I left off even when I had to sign out and re-set up when I changed TV providers.

Please Roku or CBS, fix these problems!

mstrish505

Jump to solution

On  Roku , go to Pluto & you can pull up free NCIS episodes.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Good grief this is STILL not fixed?  I just landed here after trying to debug the CBS app on my Roku and getting the 'we're sorry' error.

This is ridiculous.    Does CBS just not care?  WTF?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@FunChefChick

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lad52
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes. That does clear up the problem temporarily. The next day the problem is back.

I can clear it up by disconnecting from Directv and then connecting to Directv again. I do not remove the channel when I do this. Works every time, but only stays in effect until the next day.

Problem and symptoms haven't changed.

Note that the problem I am having is only with the CBS app.

HamboneBill
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny: Of course we've tried this. As numerous posts here clearly state, the problem occurs repeatedly day after day, despite removing and then adding back the channel, then having to log in again with a texted code. Will not bother to try watching CBS anymore.

AlenB
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Clearly this has been an issue for months now. It's not a viable solution to constantly uninstall and reinstall the app on a daily basis. Is there anyway to send a bug report to CBS?

Swimmer

Re: CBS app gets "error occurred during playback" every few minutes

Jump to solution

I get the same error. Every couple days my app gets the same error and then I need remove the app and then add it again. Then it will work but it is a huge hassle and is the only app that this happens with.

0 Kudos
Hgray480
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Your recommendation provides a temporary solution. But it only lasts one day.  The day after we have to repeat the steps you advised.  This is not a sustainable solution.  What is Roku doing to fix this?