Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lad52
Reel Rookie

Re: “We’re sorry an error has occurred “ message on new CBS shows

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem. Remove, restart, reinstall doesn’t last longer than one day. 

leskoonk
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having same symptoms.  Registering with Verizon lasts one day.  Then I get this error and have to re-register again each day.

😞

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @leskoonk

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Keep us updated on how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
leskoonk
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It only happens on CBS, not on he 25 or so other channels I use.  Reinstalling the app doesn't help, like the other cases posted recently here.

It's important to me because I am trying to get rid of an expensive-to-rent cable box for a TV I don't use as often.  CBS is important to us, and having to re-register to Verizon once a day is a show stopper.

Frankly it looks very much like the app is doing this on purpose.  Other networks are fine, ABC, NBC,, Fox, etc

Larry

dobick
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Know what you mean, getting to be a real pain having to reauthorize daily, let me know if you find a solution, and visa versa.

dobick
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did all that, hope you get if fixed, it is only on CBS. 

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Have you tried logging out from within the CBS app, then logging back in?

Left cursor until menu down left side activates.
Cursor down to "Sign out", press OK

Then sign back in in same place and confirm your tv provider account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
leskoonk
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My solution for now is to keep the cable box for $12/month for the rest of my life.

Logging out and back in every day is not going to work here.

And we happen to like CBS, we watch it more than the other old-time networks.

Larry

leskoonk
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I thought I had a clever solution.  Seemingly the Roku CBS app is at fault.

So, as I own an Amazon Fire smart TV - I used the Amazon CBS app, connected to Verizon, and was streaming live.  And, silly me, I thought it would persist past midnight.

But, nope, the Amazon app behaves the same way as Roku.  After midnight it requires me to re-connect through Verizon.

This re-connection process is irritating.  It requires another device to go to the CBS page, and then log on through Verizon after entering the code produced by the Roku/Amazon app.

It's not a big deal to do this occasionally, but to need to do it every day is more trouble than it's worth to me given the cable box requires none of this.

So, I guess I'll keep the cable box.  And I now think it's likely the case that CBS enforces this policy.

As an aside, note that ABC and NBC don't behave this way.  And while all three of them (CBS, NBC, and ABC) only live stream our local network, the FOX app actually allows you to chose from a wide variety of local fox channels across the US.  

Just saying....

HamboneBill
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Somebody fix the **bleep** problem, ok? This is ridiculous.