Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geo791
Reel Rookie

Re: CBS app gets "error occurred during playback" every few minutes

This may have been mentioned previously, but what I have to do is select sign out, then sign in again. A code will then be presented. Then I go on my computer to cbs.com and enter the code. I then have to select my cable provider, Spectrum in my case, and login to that site. Once that has been completed, the TV screen will show that I can then get into the CBS app. The aggravating thing about it is that this process is required every time I want to access the CBS app. Good luck.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @Duke5263

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the CBS channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting CBS Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
MrMiller23

Re: “We’re sorry an error has occurred “ message on new CBS shows

Tried that a few times( deleting and reinstalling) same message occurred.

0 Kudos
MrMiller23

No it didn’t

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @MrMiller23

Welcome to the Roku Community!

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the CBS channel is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. from the Settings menu by navigating to  Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, if it still has no dice and the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to CBS support directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
G_W1Z

Stop repeating this. It doesn't fix the issue.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @G_W1Z

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, however, as much as we wanted to help you, only the channel itself can provide the best assistance with regard to your concern. CBS would have sole control over what content they make available on any app developed for a Roku device. It will be more effective for you to contact CBS directly to share your concern about this issue.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos

I've deleted and redownloaded the app and still getting the error message and a screen with Paramount plus want more try it free OK got it and when click on that goes right back to the error message. I'm aggravated 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Schlagerk64,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

The channel developer themselves maintains channels on Roku. We suggest reaching out to CBS's customer support directly to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
knknechtel
Channel Surfer

thank you for this comprehensive summary. I read about 5 pages of people attempting to have us reset things before I skipped to the end and found this. every day (at least once) I have to re-login and I want to throw things at my tv. heck, I'd take logging in once a month on cbs rather than every day... I'm glad to know it's not just a me problem, but I'm annoyed they're not doing anything about it and are likely doing it on purpose. 

0 Kudos