Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NativeAZ
Binge Watcher

Re: “We’re sorry an error has occurred “ message on new CBS shows

Jump to solution

Nope. You have to PAY for the $10 service to get live TV, or $5 service to stream shows. On top of already paying cable for access. Every time I go to cancel though, they offer me 50% off the next 2 months. 

0 Kudos
Raustern

Jump to solution

Tried multiple times... didn't work. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Raustern

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
powerplant
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The issues have been outlined in  dozens of posts

The CBS app does not perform property

1) It continually provides error codes when trying to access channels

2) It requires continuous 2 step login and log out processes to get it to operate.

EXAMPLE... every time you want t o use the app you have to have a laptop handy, go online and  enter a  code and then  it goes back to the roku app to  open.

Every other app works on Roku (for the most part) but CBS has this problem with remembering that you have logged in or that you have an  account.   

Most people have given up on using it

If you  would  like  to help.  1) remove the  CBS app from ROKU until  they fix it.

Jump to solution

Since CBS can't be bothered to fix this issue I'm just going to download the shows i'm watching via "alternative means" and put it on my plex server and CBS can just miss out on the ad revenue going forward as I continue to watch their shows anyway. Deal with it.

Sheri9399

Re: CBS app gets "error occurred during playback" every few minutes

Jump to solution

I have done all of the resets and uninstall and I still cant watch cbs!! I give. Just gonna remove the channel 😞

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Sheri9399

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rumham13

Jump to solution

People have literally been commenting on this same issue for MONTHS on this thread. I show it is 12 pages long at this point. Why are we continually asked what the issue is!? Are Roku employees unable to read these threads? Dozens of people have outlined the issue on multiple different occasions. 

The CBS app on Roku constantly say's "sorry error occurred" once inside the app and attempting to watch a show. Don't make the recommendation to uninstall and reinstall the app because that recommendation has been made a dozen different times and it does not work. Don't make the recommendation to go to settings and restart the Roku because that does not work either. People would just like to be able to use the CBS app in which they pay for without encountering an error message every time they want to use the channel. 

At this point I don't actually think anyone gives a **bleep** about actually fixing this issue. Unfortunate but probably best to use a different streaming device. 

geo791
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I have been experiencing the same issue. I have tried the remove, restart roku, and add the cbs app back. That does nothing to help with the issue. The only think I have found that actually works is to sign out of the app and then sign back in again. Of course then you are presented with a code which you have to enter on a computer at cbs.com/tv/roku, then sign into your tv service provider. What a PITA!

And here is what really upsets me, I have been watching past seasons of NCIS on the cbs app...up until a few days ago that is. Now when I attempt to stream an episode the Paramount+ window pops up and when I press enter on "I get it", it pops back to the episode of NCIS. But it is just back and forth and the episode never plays now. Other programs will play without an issue once I sign back into the cbs app, just not NCIS any longer. Grrrrrrrr!

bigh704

Jump to solution

I tried the re-install fix and now I can't even get CBS to open at all.

0 Kudos