Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: “We’re sorry an error has occurred “ message on new CBS shows

Jump to solution

Hi @Leenga

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on CBS or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing CBS and then re-installing it again? If not, we suggest starting there. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
HamboneBill
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Lianna: Don't you realize this same useless response has been posted many times? Read the previous comments please.

LM808

Jump to solution

Go to CBS settings on Roku, sign out of your TV provider then sign back in, you’ll be given a code to go to cbs.com/tv/roku on your pad or phone, input the code and pick your tv provider, sign in with your provider then you’ll be prompt to start watching your cbs programs. 

0 Kudos
ScottElliott
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@LM808 — I'm sorry, but did you happen to not read anything prior? We all know how to do that. The issue isn't that that doesn't work. It's that CBS and/or Roku have chosen not to cache that correct so the next time you come back, say the next day, you have to do it all over again, every. single. time. which is *highly* annoying. 

0 Kudos
JCGrebe3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Followed the 'instructions' now the CBS app won't even open???

0 Kudos
JCGrebe3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Found this online:

"Okay that is the problem then, the cbs channel/content has been discontinued for quite some time now, and is no longer supported. So it sounds like you're trying to use an outdated app.

Cbs merged with paramount, the cbs app was dropped, and now all cbs content is accessed through the Paramount Plus app. You will need to go to the Apps (channel store) heading at the top right of the roku screen to search/browse for the paramount app there to install it and then follow the prompts to create a paramount account."

HamboneBill
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for this.  Maybe it will solve the problem. If so, it would've been nice if Roku/CBS let its users know about it.

0 Kudos
powerplant
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

this is a revalation

can you tell me if you can get your local station on the Paramount app (when signed in)?

0 Kudos
JCGrebe3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well the revelation is that it is Paramount+ and you have to pay for it to get Live TV. I did a free trial and was able to get Sunday Night Football. It looks like it is $4.99/m but to get your local affiliate it is $9.99/m.

0 Kudos
powerplant
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, you are right

I cannot sign into Parmamount Plus using my local cable account (like I could  with CBS)

They advise a page to sign in that does not exist (or was deleted).  So once again this whole convoluted process is that CBS is broken when it comes to ROKU apps.

0 Kudos