Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaskasero
Reel Rookie

Re: “We’re sorry an error has occurred “ message on new CBS shows

Jump to solution

Antoine_SoBeach, you are AWESOME.

ROKU, get your act together and fix this problem!!!!

ScottElliott
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Antoine_SoBeach —

Unfortunately, @RokuDanny-R is just a forum mod. He apparently knows nothing due to his boilerplate responses and is either too stubborn to escalate to the technical teams or is just lazy or inept. I mean I don't know how else to put it. 

We all know CBS and Roku customer service teams are pointing fingers at each other and neither actually give a **bleep** about the customer at this point. 

We all also know how simple of a fix this is. All that has to happen is a quick zoom call or some such between the CBS and Roku dev teams to trace and verify the authentication handshake, along with the storage and caching of the returned login token. It's simple work.

Someone, somewhere, somehow has to escalate this. 

leskoonk
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've posted this before, but I'll repeat....

I tried the CBS app on my Apple-TV.  No Roku involved.  And it behaves the same way - the same 24 hour expiration.

That would seem to imply it's a CBS issue.  In my view, perhaps it's quite intentional.

Larry

Antoine_SoBeach
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

However one reason I purchased Roku products is that they advertise CBS in their channel lineup.  Our local football team has their games broadcast on CBS and we need this issue to get resolved.

Below is from the Roku website - but this does not work.  Roku and CBS need to get together and fix it or Roku is engaging in fraudulent representations to sell their products.

Under Section 43(a) of the Lanham Act, a claim can be made against a defendant for false or misleading advertising. For a claim against a defendant for false advertising, the following elements are met and the plaintiff must show: (1) defendant made false or misleading statements as to his own products (or another’s); (2) actual deception, or at least a tendency to deceive a substantial portion of the intended audience; (3) deception is material in that it is likely to influence purchasing decisions; (4) the advertised goods travel in interstate commerce

Screenshot 2022-07-20 170623.png

From the Roku Website:

CBS

Developed by:
CBS Interactive
Privacy Policy

With the new CBS app you can watch the latest episodes of your favorite CBS shows for free, no log-in required to instantly stream anytime, on any device. You also have the option to sign in with your cable provider to access full seasons & stream Live TV from your local CBS station including live news, sports, entertainment, & can’t-miss live events like The Grammy Awards, NCAA March Madness, NFL on CBS and more. No additional subscription required.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Similar issues by other users happened with Paramount+.  Both the Paramount+ and CBS channels are developed by the same company, FYI.

All I can suggest is, wait for however long it’s gonna take, until CBS Interactive actually teams up with Roku Inc. to fix the issue.  It’s probably gonna be about a few weeks or so until this issue actually gets fixed.  I haven’t had a chance to view either app on my Roku 3910, so I have no idea if it’s certain streaming device units with this issue, or if it’s CBS Interactive’s fault.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Michelle3 wrote:

Similar issues by other users happened with Paramount+.  Both the Paramount+ and CBS channels are developed by the same company, FYI.

All I can suggest is, wait for however long it’s gonna take, until CBS Interactive actually teams up with Roku Inc. to fix the issue.  It’s probably gonna be about a few weeks or so until this issue actually gets fixed.  I haven’t had a chance to view either app on my Roku 3910, so I have no idea if it’s certain streaming device units with this issue, or if it’s CBS Interactive’s fault.

~ Jordan

A few weeks? It took them six months to fix the HDR issue on Paramount+.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Toddwrtr 

Then I guess it’ll take months for them to fix the error message on CBS.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
NativeAZ
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

A few weeks?? My original post about this issue was at least 2 months ago. CBS just passes it off to Roku and vice versa.

powerplant
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

did not work for me

0 Kudos
Leenga

Jump to solution

I'm here just to state that I'm having the same problem. I have to log out and log back in every day.

0 Kudos