Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottElliott
Channel Surfer

Re: “We’re sorry an error has occurred “ message on new CBS shows

Jump to solution

That is a bad reply. It's been over a year that this has been occurring for people with no actual solution that works. The existing "fix" puts you into a state of perpetual open and crash. Terrible customer service. Do better. You get in touch with CBS. It's on YOUR platform! Stop handing off your job to us. 

HamboneBill
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You're exactly right, Scott. This appalling lack of concern for customers is enough to drive me and presumably many others away from ever using Roku products again.

ScottElliott
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I wrote software for a living for 2 decades. I know exactly how easy this issue is to fix. Less than 5 minutes. Literally. There's zero reason Roku and CBS can't make this happen. Pure laziness or ineptitude, take your pick. 

Jump to solution

I did remove restart reinstall and every day I have to sign out and back in I have a roku one tv

0 Kudos
comgear

Jump to solution

Did everything listed above twice and still get the error message. Roku, your turn. What's up with CBS?

0 Kudos
Aaronjs22

Jump to solution

This is crazy, it's clear that this issue is solely with the cbs app, has existed for over a year, and none of the 'solutions' work. Is there someone at Roku support that is responsible for app relationships? They need to work directly with cbs on a permanent fix. Please for the love of God help this loyal community. 

Ellemcee

Jump to solution

Remove restart reinstall thru settings 

still an error has occurred. 

0 Kudos
DropEdge

Jump to solution

Contacting CBS is futile. I contacted them first via the website, then via email, and finally via phone to tech support. They said this is an issue on Roku’s end; and because I have an account with Roku and not CBS or Paramount+, it’s Roku’s responsibility to resolve it. You’re up next.

AlenB
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Seems like they are pointing fingers at each other with neither parties wanting to resolve the issue. 

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@AlenB wrote:

Seems like they are pointing fingers at each other with neither parties wanting to resolve the issue. 

Welcome to the wonderful world of streaming.