Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaskasero
Reel Rookie

Re: “We’re sorry an error has occurred “ message on new CBS shows

Jump to solution

Roku employees, PLEASE stop giving out instructions to restart, re-install the CBS app, and get your development team to work with CBS.

According to a written response from Roku Support, this is a CBS app issue so everyone please send in a ticket to CBS:  cbsic.force.com/CBSTVE/s/contactsupport 

If everyone sends in support tickets to CBS this may be resolved. It's unfortunate that us users have to be caught in the middle of a nasty bug that is incredibly frustrating!! Both Roku and CBS should take ownership of this but unfortunately neither are.

NativeAZ
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Tried this after getting that error repeatedly and updates not working. Now the app won't load AT ALL. It just sounds then goes back to the Home screen. This has been happening for at least 6 months. How is it not fixed yet? 

AC2720
Reel Rookie

Re: CBS app gets "error occurred during playback" every few minutes

Jump to solution

It is frustrating that the CBS app continues to fail on Roku.  I do remove it and restart it.  I do revamp the system settings..  The app generally returns but the next day, same issue.  Today, the app returned six times with the error message -- I just could not watch CBS (live).  Roku really needs to fix this glitch.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

That is what happened to me!!!  The app displays the CBS logo and quits.  It still works great on my Firestick.

0 Kudos
potlicker

Jump to solution

I've had the same problem for months but I don't have to reinstall the app, just have to log out of my cbs account and log back in. It only works for a short time and I loose my history but it easier than reinstalling the channel. 

NativeAZ
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I did this and now the app won't open at all. Just keeps going back to the Roku screen. At least before it opened.

NativeAZ
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

No this does not work. After I did that,now the channel won't even open.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@AC2720 @Swimmer

Thanks for the posts.

When removing a channel, make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again, specifically in that order.

If the issue still persists, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

If you are still unable to resolve the issue after removing the channel, restarting the Roku device, then adding the channel back again, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AC2720
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, please provide a link, e-mail or phone # for the channel support you are suggesting.  If you are referring to this:

Follow these steps in order: 

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart.
  3. Once your player starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

Of course, I do this daily -- often more than once.  It is not helpful.  The error message returns the next day.  This does not happen for other apps, only CBS.

Thank you for responding but please see what you can do other than referring us elsewhere.  Please  reach out to the right contact at Roku and take of care this -- the powers that be may not even know this is an issue!  On your end, you feel you are taking care of it by simply responding even though this is not helpful.  This support group is not a fix-it group.  At some point, we don't need ideas.  We need roku to fix the issue.