Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coldinwy21
Reel Rookie

“We’re sorry an error has occurred “ message on new CBS shows

Jump to solution

All new content on CBS since 9/20/21 now has above error message. Updated and restarted Roku system x2 w/o resolution. Watched 2 new episodes last nite w/o difficulty but those episodes ( NCIS,NCIS Hawaii) now show error message. 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Coldinwy21
Reel Rookie

Re: “We’re sorry an error has occurred “ message on new CBS shows

Jump to solution

Fixed issue by deleting and reinstalling app. 

View solution in original post

108 REPLIES 108
Coldinwy21
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Fixed issue by deleting and reinstalling app. 

remfam
Reel Rookie

CBS app gets "error occurred during playback" every few minutes

Jump to solution

I get this message, and the stream stops.  I have to press OK.  Then click on the show again.  It happens continuously every minute or two.  I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.  I tried powering down the roku and turning it on again.  Based on other posts about CBS All ACCESS and Paramount, I'm guessing it's on CBS' end?

Tags (1)
diloncra

Re: CBS app gets "error occurred during playback" every few minutes

Jump to solution

This happened to me today as well. I upgraded my account to a no ads and this Is what I get?!  

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: CBS app gets "error occurred during playback" every few minutes

Jump to solution

@remfam @diloncra

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more, specifically in that order.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dobick
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

DId not work, will not remember from day to day, have to reauthorize provider everyday.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @dobick

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, are you also getting the error message stated in this thread? Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

Please keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dobick
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did that start uninstall reboot system reintall stillnget the error.  In order to get it to work must reactivate provided, but that only lasts for one day, and then must reactivate aftero ne day.

Ldelco

Jump to solution

This is not a permanent fix. Error still occurs next time Roku is turned on. Please help, we would like to be able to watch CBS. 

Ldelco

Jump to solution

Same 😢