Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clif001
Channel Surfer

Watching Britbox on Roku channel

Hi all,

I have a subscription (thru Roku) for Britbox.  The Britbox channel is flakey at best and was about to cancel the subscription.  Then I saw that there is a Britbox portal in the Roku channel.  Unfortunately clicking on a show (Father Brown) I get a message "Subscription required".

There doesn't seem to be any option to be an option to get it to see the subscription, only an option to start a free trial. 

So, how do I watch my subscribed Britbox from within the Roku channel?

TIA 🙂

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Watching Britbox on Roku channel

Hello @Clif001

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that subscription through The Roku Channel is different from the standalone ones. Since you initially subscribed to the standalone BritBox channel, you can try removing the app then re-install it. 

To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Clif001
Channel Surfer

All well and good, except I originally signed up for Britbox through Roku.  Also there is no option to remove the Britbox channel.  There is only an option to cancel my subscription. 

Thanks.  🙂

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Clif001

Thanks for the reply.

Please be advised that if you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription first before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Clif001
Channel Surfer

Just for clarity, I don't want to cancel my Britbox subscription.  I want Roku to recognize that I have a Britbox account and allow me to watch Britbox shows through the Roku channel.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Clif001,

Thanks for getting in touch and clarification.

As mentioned by @RokuKariza-D, please be noted that your existing subscriptions with Britbox standalone or directly from the publisher cannot be used to view premium content on The Roku Channel.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Clif001
Channel Surfer

So be it.  If that's the way it has to be.

However, I would like to note that I had three months left on my Britbox yearly account.  Technically speaking, for the next three months I will be paying twice for Britbox.  Not quite fair, if you ask me. 

Byohzzrd

Dang, you got several tech responses and not a single one to answer (let alone read correctly) your question.

I also have Britbox, managed by ROKU account (not a standalone, please L2R service techs).

I can see the Britbox portal through the Roku mobile app, it says i need a premium subscription. I already have one, that i pay ROKU to access.

What gives? 

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Byohzzrd, thank you for reaching out to us in the Roku Community! We can see that you are looking to access your premium Britbox subscription. You should have a login that you created with them in order to subscribe to their premium content. If you are having issues with not being able to see the premium content through the channel app or are having login issues, we would recommend getting in touch directly with their support team. They manage the channel as well as the login portal and will be able to help you out. Their contact information for support is: support@britbox.com. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

0 Kudos
jobe
Reel Rookie

I subscribe to Britbox on Roku channel specifically to watch Shetland Series 7. Although Series 7 is available I cannot get it. Why not? Should I cancel my subscription and subscribe to standalone Britbox.  Is series 7 coming soon?

0 Kudos