Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MbCav
Reel Rookie

Re: Watch TCM not working after July 15 2021 update

I have the same problem with TCM not loading on Roku. It started this week after the update on Sept. 1st. I've done the remove channel, add channel, over and over again. Nothing works.

This seems to be an exclusively Roku problem. I can get the new TCM update on my iPhone and on my laptop.

If we need to upgrade our Roku players to access the new Watch TCM - just tell us! I'd be happy to spend a few dollars to be able to watch TCM on TV again. Just tell us what we need to do!

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@MbCav wrote:

I have the same problem with TCM not loading on Roku. It started this week after the update on Sept. 1st. I've done the remove channel, add channel, over and over again. Nothing works.

This seems to be an exclusively Roku problem. I can get the new TCM update on my iPhone and on my laptop.

If we need to upgrade our Roku players to access the new Watch TCM - just tell us! I'd be happy to spend a few dollars to be able to watch TCM on TV again. Just tell us what we need to do!

Just to be clear, you MUST restart after app removal, and before app re-installation:

1) Remove

2) Restart

3) Reinstall

(If you dont restart after removal, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

All that said: reinstall isnt working for most TCM users (especially those with older models), so if you do the correct reinstall procedure and it still doesnt work, you need to contact Roku/TCM:

Highlight Watch TCM,/Options (*)/Give us Feedback/Channel failed to launch

https://tcmdigitalhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

0 Kudos
Leigh8
Reel Rookie

Here is a response from TCM

Kathy (TCM Help Center)

Sep 3, 2021, 14:38 EDT

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to TCM. We’re sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with Watch TCM. Our team has identified the issue that is impacting some Roku devices and are currently working on implementing a fix. Meanwhile, Watch TCM is available on multiple platforms; click here to see how you can watch!

Thank you for your patience while we resolve this issue; we’ll keep you updated on our progress with the fix. Please let us know if you need anything in the meantime.

Best,
Kathy at TCM”

Hopefully they will resolve the issue since there have been so many people posting about the same problem.

0 Kudos
Gidget2021
Streaming Star

Just to be clear, you MUST restart after app removal, and before app re-installation:

1) Remove

2) Restart

3) Reinstall

(If you dont restart after removal, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)  (I did everything you said and it did not help)

All that said: reinstall isnt working for most TCM users (especially those with older models), so if you do the correct reinstall procedure and it still doesnt work, you need to contact Roku/TCM: (I have contacted Roku and TCM to no avail. Also, I just read on this community forum that someone can't get it to work with NEW Roku)

Highlight Watch TCM,/Options (*)/Give us Feedback/Channel failed to launch

https://tcmdigitalhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I appreciate your help. But this doesn't do the trick. Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Gidget2021
Streaming Star

@Leigh8 wrote:

Here is a response from TCM

Kathy (TCM Help Center)

Sep 3, 2021, 14:38 EDT

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to TCM. We’re sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with Watch TCM. Our team has identified the issue that is impacting some Roku devices and are currently working on implementing a fix. Meanwhile, Watch TCM is available on multiple platforms; click here to see how you can watch!

Thank you for your patience while we resolve this issue; we’ll keep you updated on our progress with the fix. Please let us know if you need anything in the meantime.

Best,
Kathy at TCM”

Hopefully they will resolve the issue since there have been so many people posting about the same problem.

I got the SAME message when I reached out to them months ago and again today. Robot Indifferent

0 Kudos
QPaul

Thanks for letting us know how we can help resolve this error. Any help from the team is appreciated! 

*please note: answers/responses are marked in bold print.

-Model:

3500X-Roku Stick

-Serial:

2LA54M247299

-Device ID/IP address:

-any error message when attempted to stream the channel?

No

-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

10.0.0•build 4209-09

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel?

Watch TCM

Version 1.0

Build 81

-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

ID 99-354-678

0 Kudos
Allahyar

I am having the same problem as described by everybody else. Removing and re-adding the app, restarting the Roku still does not help, it just auto closes if I try to do anything on Watch TCM. 

Model: 3941RW - Roku Express 4K+

Serial number: X01600TD9CLA

Software version: 10.01 build 4180-CR

Device ID S0AH515D9CLA

Would appreciate any help regarding the matter! Thanks!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Allahyar wrote:

I am having the same problem as described by everybody else. Removing and re-adding the app, restarting the Roku still does not help, it just auto closes if I try to do anything on Watch TCM. 

Model: 3941RW - Roku Express 4K+

Serial number: X01600TD9CLA

Software version: 10.01 build 4180-CR

Device ID S0AH515D9CLA

Would appreciate any help regarding the matter! Thanks!

That's the wrong reinstall sequence.

The correct reinstall sequence is:  1) Remove 2) Restart 3) Reinstall  (in that exact order)

(If you dont restart after removal, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

So you might want to try again, in the correct order (it may or may not fix the issue for you).

0 Kudos
vintagedirtbike
Reel Rookie

STILL not working after 
1) Remove 2) Restart 3) Reinstall  (in that exact order)

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Watch TCM version 1.0.85 has been released 9/8 - check to see whether it resolves any issues

To update: Settings/System/System update/Check now

0 Kudos