Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
printerati

Re: Washed out colors when streaming SOME content from the Paramount Plus channel

Jump to solution

I can confirm that it is fixed on my Premiere+ 4630R as well. The first two episodes of Star Trek: Discovery season 4 looked absolutely terrible last week (desaturated colors and washed out blacks), but the third episode was "back to normal" last night.

0 Kudos
benherrmann
Channel Surfer

YES - ROKU FIXED THE ISSUE REGARDING THE PARAMOUNT+ COLOR WASHOUT ISSUES

Jump to solution

I just checked all my ROKU boxes, went to settings, system, and then update.  Sure as heck, if you haven't already did a ROKU OS system update, do it now - it's simple and only takes a minute or two as it downloads and installs.

I just did the update for all of my ROKU boxes (older ones also), and wallaaaaaaaa - they fixed the issue with the Paramount+ color scenario.  Now everything is pristine with gorgeous colors and overall picture quality has improved across the board.

0 Kudos
Rm3731
Reel Rookie

Re: YES - ROKU FIXED THE ISSUE REGARDING THE PARAMOUNT+ COLOR WASHOUT ISSUES

Jump to solution

@benherrmann 

Thanks for the update.  As mentioned the new stick 4K+ didnt have the issue.  I will check the older stick and see if it will update and clear the issue.  Will let you know.

0 Kudos
Redlodger
Reel Rookie

Re: YES - ROKU FIXED THE ISSUE REGARDING THE PARAMOUNT+ COLOR WASHOUT ISSUES

Jump to solution

I hooked up my 3810rw and it works perfectly now. It did not get a software upgrade to make this happen though.

0 Kudos
BitTron

Re: Washed out colors when streaming SOME content from the Paramount Plus channel - SOLUTION

Jump to solution

If you are seeing weird colors or washed out colors when trying to watch content on your Roku device, the problem stems from your display or projector not fully supporting DOLBY VISION, which is turned on my default in Roku. 

The Roku device is SUPPOSED TO automatically detect whether or not your display can support video formats such as HDR, HDR+ HDR10 and Dolby Vision. Dolby Vision is a color and contrast correction protocol that is broadcasted over the HDMI signal. If it's turned on (automatically in Roku) and the display your are using doesn't (fully) support Dolby Vision, then you will get these weird, washed out, greenish, purplish, pink colors. 

THE SOLUTION IS, to go into settings, then go into the display settings, and change the display type to either 1080p, or 4K without Dolby Vision.