Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Msi84
Reel Rookie

Wake On LAN app no longer available

Now that you have disabled private channels, I'm unable to power up my Plex Server via the previous private channel WOL. So how do you plan on fixing this? I understand how private channels may have gotten out of control but the WOL app you took from me only sent a Magic Packet to my Plex Server. That's It.

9 REPLIES 9
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: Wake On LAN app no longer available

Perhaps create your own or acquire/load the app from elsewhere via the IDK.

0 Kudos

Bro they took down Toonami man that sucks

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I forgot about WoL.  I didn't know anyone was using it.  Smiley Happy  It wouldn't be tough for me to get it in the Channel Store, but it's going to have to be added to the bottom of my todo list.

-JT

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Darkjeste

If you could add this to the channel store that would be great. Me and my uncle use this daily as I do not wish to leave my plex server on all day and night.

Some1InWestSuff
Reel Rookie

I used it daily! Would love to be able to use it again!

0 Kudos
DanielXB
Reel Rookie

if you can, just tell us the relevant lines to take a sample channel (Hello-world, for example) and add the "wol lines" in my case i can put the mac of my server harcoded

Sorry for my english, spanish is my native language)

0 Kudos
DanielXB
Reel Rookie

Well, i took the "Hello World" sample channel and "rarflix", take the lines from the magic packet and add the function in "hello world", and it's working !

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@DanielXB, nicely done!

For those that don't want to roll their own, it's now available in the Channel Store.  Due to the pain and suffering Roku development causes me with their new programming model and more importantly the state of my bank account, I felt it necessary to charge a minimal fee.  Maybe I'll be able to buy a beer.  Smiley Happy

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/fb22827cd07aa31d82d9fcdef0859809/wake-on-lan

Or add it here:  https://my.roku.com/account/add/WoL

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Some1InWestSuff
Reel Rookie

Thanks! Hopefully it works! 😉

0 Kudos