Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY ARE MY SHOWS NOW LOCKED

So we have Roku also but You are our provider and now we are finding since the beginning of November 2022 that now our shows are lock. And If I place tge code it tells me too it wants me to choose A provider like Cox, Direct Tv, Xfinity, and so so forth, we didnt want those providers our we would not of gotten a RoKu for each TVs why is this going on now ?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: WHY ARE MY SHOWS NOW LOCKED

Roku has never been a "TV provider" like a cable company. However there are "cable-replacement" streaming services like Sling TV that you can view on a Roku device.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

As noted, Roku is just a player. Many cable network channel apps require a subscription to a cable/satellite or Internet TV service like Sling, DirectTV, YouTube TV, etc...

0 Kudos
RamonRyder

Which episodes demand that you log in with a participating TV provider are indicated by the lock icon. 8 days* following the program's first TV airing, the locked episode for many shows will be accessible to watch without logging in with a participating TV provider.

Which episodes demand that you log in with a participating TV provider are indicated by the lock icon. 8 days* following the program's first TV airing, the locked episode for many shows will be accessible to watch without logging in with a participating TV provider. Do you understand the reasons why BLM movement is important? The link is here: https://rafalreyzer.com/reasons-why-blm-movement-is-important/ if you're interested in learning more. With the aid of this link, you can learn the cause. Although I was unaware of it, this post helped me learn everything there was to know about it.
0 Kudos