Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WETv Error Message 504 Timeout

I am trying to watch the WETv app and when I select the episode I want to watch it tries to load but then gives an error message that says… Check your internet connection. Error Code 504 Timeout. Invalid downstream video configuration. I have checked the internet connection and it’s fine. All the other apps/channels work just fine. I have tried uninstalling the channel and adding it back as well as making sure all updates are up to date. I even restarted the roku as suggested on a google message. Any other ideas to see how to fix this? The app on my phone works fine and will play but not on my roku. 

1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: WETv Error Message 504 Timeout

Hi  @Emilyking0604
Welcome to the Roku Community!

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the WETV channel is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to  Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to WETV support directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,

Lianna

0 Kudos