Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WildHare1
Reel Rookie

Video freezing after commericals or shortly after start of streaming

Having issues with video freezing while audio continues. This occurs on Roku Channel, Fox Nation and Prime Video. Issue started a few days ago. In some instances video freezes shortly after streaming starts or with Roku Channel from commercial back to stream. Sometimes restarting stream or a quick fast forward will solve the commercial issue until next commercial. Just now for first time the screen went black when commercial started while wife was watch Martha Stewart on Roku (once commercials were done a quick fast forward brought back video).

Have had this Roku Express 4G only a few months and this is not the first issue. No issues with other Roku device on another television. Beginning to wonder if Ruko Express is worth the hassle.

Roku Express 4k+

S/N:SO7P22365TVU

Model: 394TX

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
JCII
Binge Watcher

Re: Video freezing after commericals or shortly after start of streaming

This worked for me.

Setting the display to the actual display resolution, and not automatic.
Settings/privacy advertiser turn off the personal ads.
Also in the privacy/advertising there is another item below “reset advertiser identifier.
Those steps fix my problems. I had the freezing issue come back after a few weeks that you are experiencing, and then I did the reset identifier and things work again.

I figure that I will have to do that every so often until roku fixes the problem
0 Kudos
Rfe
Reel Rookie

Been doing this **bleep** a long time now so I don't think the roku folks will fix squat.  Back to trusty fire stick.

0 Kudos
Rfe
Reel Rookie

Okay.  How do I do any of those things?  Roku express btw.

0 Kudos
Rfe
Reel Rookie

Okay. Found those items in roku settings but did not help.  Tried 3 different series and same issue.  Doesn't do it all the time but frequently.  My say the **bleep** with roku channel and go to freevee....

0 Kudos