Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kcdad
Binge Watcher

Vertical bars flash while viewing on Roku Ultra

Recently while viewing programs through my 2022 Ultra, green vertical bars will flash across the screen for a milisecond then disappear only to repeat a short time later. Sometimes the bars are short other times longer. This only happens when viewing through Roku, not OTA. Anyone else have this? Any thoughts? Roku is plugged directly into a Sony AVR via high quality HDMI cable.

TV: 55" Sony Bravia

Roku: 2022 Roku Ultra

Reciever: Sony STRD H590

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Vertical bars flash while viewing on Roku Ultra

Hi @Kcdad,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are getting green vertical bars on the screen on your Roku device and we will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

In order to resolve this issue, can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing? Have you tried plugging the Roku device into a different HDMI port on your TV or a different TV, just to test and isolate the issue?

In addition, we would like to ask if you attempted to try to remove The Roku Channel from the Roku home screen. Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel back once more and try playing content again. 

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kcdad
Binge Watcher

It would be nearly impossible to capture a screenshot because it lasts in miliseconds, also you never know when it will occur. As for testing on another TV, this is the only one I have that is 4k and ARC supported. I will try to reinstall the channel though. Thanks for responding to my question.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kcdad,

Thanks for the quick response.

We appreciate your patience regarding this issue. Please let us know how it goes. We're hoping this will work for you.

If the steps provided aren't helping, please reply back and we will be able to assist you further. Thanks for using our services.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos