Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: VPN on Roku TV for Viki app

@MegSnyder88 

That is definitely something with your network setup.

Did a network restart not work? Shut down all network devices. Not knowing your setup, that could be a single device, or multiple devices.

Sometimes there is a single "gateway" device that includes modem, router, switches, and access points. Often there are two items, a modem and router, with the router device containing router, switches, and wireless access points. And, sometimes, there are more.

However many you have, shut them all down. Then turn them on in order listed above, waiting 2-3 minutes between each one. If it's a single "gateway" device, that's easy of course. If there are multiple, do them in the order I listed above, with 2-3 minutes between each device power on.

I am very hesitant to say do a factory reset on your network devices, as that should be last resort. Let us know how the shutdown works.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
MegSnyder88
Binge Watcher

I only have one router at home and I restarted it to have the same error with the Viki channel. I am at a complete and utter loss as to what to do. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@MegSnyder88 

There are some good networking experts here on the user support forum. I will defer to them when it comes to this level of troubleshooting. Get the brand and model of your gateway (if you only have a single device) and your ISP and post it.

They will likely be offering suggestions soon after.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

MegSnyder88
Binge Watcher

Literally nothing I've tried has worked. I've rebooted my router, uninstalled and reinstalled the apps, changed proxy settings, nothing is working and I cannot get the Viki app to stream content on my devices without wifi. I turned off wifi and the app works, but I have to be connected to wifi to use my Roku. I am at a complete and utter loss. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@MegSnyder88 

There are two methods where VPN licenses are installed, device-side and network-side.

Sounds like you may have installed network-side.  Go into your router and look for a setting (normally under Services or the like - may actual say VPN), and look for a setting that resembles VPN Client or VPN Server and make sure those are both "Disabled".

Save all the router settings and restart the router.  Then turn the router off physically (or unplug) for a min or so.  Then restart your router and let it boot fully.  Then restart your Roku devices.  You may/may not have to do a Network Connection Reset on the Roku device. (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset/Reset Connection).

-----

If the above does not work for you, then I believe all the changes you have made have been across different settings and the next course of action would be to Factory Reset the Router.  Post back with your Router model number and ISP (internet service provider) and can likely provide you a link or info on instructions. (different routers have different methods and levels of reset).

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos