Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BroadRun
Channel Surfer

User Installed Channels Failing

Two channels have stopped working. I'm wondering if more will follow? The SonicDust HDHomeRun app that plays the OTA TV from the SonicDust Flex 4K loads but no longer displays channel selection menu. The France 24 news app starts to load, but does not finish and returns to the home screen. I have tried deleting these apps, restarting the Roku and then reinstalling the apps. No change. I have a new Roku Ultra 2022 from Best Buy. I have tried turning on developer access to see if that adds a menu option where I can kill hung processes. No luck there. I have a $20 Walmart ONN on which I have started developer access. I have had similar problems on this device and have fixed the issues by killing hung processes. I also have an Apple TV gen 5 and have been using it for over a year with NO technical issues. I posted the HDHomeRun issue to the SonicDust user forum. When the France 24 app started failing then I thought to post here.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: User Installed Channels Failing

I don't think your two problems are related.  SiliconDust recently updated their HDHomeRun channel/app and it went from bad to worse.  I recently connected a second tuner and it won't load unless I disconnect it.  I just added France 24 and I see the same thing you do.  Crashing back to the Home Screen is generally because there's a bug in the code.  There's no way to get around poor programming and both channels/apps seem to have it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos