Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
golfguyy
Reel Rookie

Upgraded to Roku4k - Saved/Fav shows Q:

Felt was best place to post this-sorry for length but requires explaining:  Going from a prior ROKU to a just bought ROKU Streaming Stick 4K (3820R2). Have not rcv'd it yet. My question goes to this specific statement on the ROKU site:

"'Your Roku account stores which Roku streaming devices you own and which channels you have installed, as well as your >>> preferences and settings. <<<  

Q:   Does the new device pick up right from the old ROKU?   I'm referring to if I plug it in and use my existing account info - same email address and account  data etc., """should""" I (or anyone) be able to see their same guides, tiles, Favorites, My Stuff etc. I have saved?  Is THAT what preferences means? (As opposed to say, your method of payment - account preferences). OR, once installed must I start anew and go to guides, find shows I like, save them as favs etc... My suggestion - The best would be if it just grabs all of your favs, guides, My Stuff, tiles from its 'cloud' and all the customer need do is plug in whatever new ROKU device they bought. Thx for reading ;>)

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
tpry1
Channel Surfer

Re: Upgraded to Roku4k - Saved/Fav shows Q:

yes I recently upgraded and all will be there!

golfguyy
Reel Rookie

Forgot... in addition to the shows, tiles, favs, my stuff that you would now have to remember and go find again,  you'd have to remember which seasons and then episodes of each of the many shows you were on - some people I'm sure are watching dozens of series/shows with their respective episodes. OK enough said haha ;>) Thanks again for any info on this. Regards. 

0 Kudos
golfguyy
Reel Rookie

Hi tpry1  --  T/Y for reply... you mean the favs, shows, my stuff, tiles - it's all still there as if you  never upgraded?  That's fantastic... (see my own reply with one add'l thing, which episode and season you were on.)  I will probably get the device today in mail and will see what gives. T/Y again

0 Kudos
tpry1
Channel Surfer

yes Golfguy, in addition I have a second getawy home and it is the same there with a second device as long as I am using the same login. On rare occasion Roku won't acknowledge one episode I already watched but that is rare.

0 Kudos