Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Unlink Hulu account? Incorrect account appearing after set up.

@Michaelarose  What automatically signs in? Hulu? Have the previous owner unlink the Roku TV they gave or sold to you 

0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey there,

@DBDukes and @Ello2022 thanks for providing insight and asking clarifying questions to help get to the bottom of this issue.

@Michaelarose are you still having issues with PIN settings on your device? If so please feel free to respond to this post or send us a message directly, we are happy to help!

Thanks for being active members of the Roku Community. #HappyStreaming 

0 Kudos

I’m having the same issue. An account was logged into my Roku a long time ago. I have since lost contact with that person and started my own Hulu account. When I go into Hulu on any of my 3 Rokus it goes straight to their account page asking me to pick a profile. If I choose any profile it asks me for a PIN, which I don’t have. There is no other option besides backing out of Hulu which doesn’t solve the issue. Logging off is not an option. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled on multiple Roku devices, didn’t work. I have factory reset multiple Roku devices, didn’t work. We contacted Hulu support who told us they couldn’t help unless we knew the original email used to log into Hulu, which we wouldn’t know. 

After each uninstall/reinstall or factory restore, the Roku automatically logs back into Hulu with the same unknown account.

Njd1218

Why Hulu asking me for a payment 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Njd1218 

There must be more to your question than just that. Hulu is a subscription service. If you want to watch Hulu, you need a subscription. So, I'm guessing there's more to the story.

Explain the situation so we can understand what you're talking about.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Zbrocato5439, has there been any progress on removing the account from your devices?

Feel free to DM us to keep us updated on how we can best assist you.

0 Kudos
marcusrilla
Reel Rookie

This is absolutely an issue. It has nothing to do with factory reset or your Roku login. 

Once the Hulu channel (yes with a separate subscription) is added to Roku and logged in. There is no screen that lets you log out or unlink it unless you have the pin for a profile on the linked account. 

Factory reset doesn't work. Deleting the channel and restarting Roku doesn't work. There is literally no way that I have been able to figure out to do it. 

The Hulu app is horribly designed because there is no way to log out from Roku without being in a profile and Roku is horribly designed because there is no way to unlink Hulu and for some reason even factory reset doesn't work (Hulu keeping data on the system?).

When you add the channel all you see are available profiles. There is no way to click into a profile or elsewhere without a pin.

So no Hulu profile pin. Good luck.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@marcusrilla, clearly Roku and/or Hulu have an issue, but one way around it might be to abandon and close your current Roku account (after you cancel any subscriptions you have through Roku) and create a new account with a different email address.  Factory reset your device and link it to the new account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
marcusrilla
Reel Rookie

Appreciate the response but what you're saying is I have to create a new Roku account and re download, configure, activate, and log in to all my other channels just to get Hulu to work? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@marcusrilla

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate the issue further for you.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos