Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drmark99
Reel Rookie

Unlink Hulu account? Incorrect account appearing after set up.

Hello!

I have two Roku Devices (TV & Express).

When I launch Hulu, its associated with my exes account and I have no option to unlink or change the account (can't log out). It looks like for some reason its associating my Roku email with some Hulu account?

Am I SOL or is there a fix? I have no option to change account or logout from theirs (just prompted with a request for a PIN).

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Unlink Hulu account? Incorrect account appearing after set up.

• Hulu app: Main profile > Profile icon > Log Out > Log Out of Hulu.
  • To log back in: Hulu app > Log In > Choose log in on your computer or Roku device > Enter account info using chosen method.

You can also remove the Hulu channel, restart your Roku then re add the Hulu channel 

0 Kudos
drmark99
Reel Rookie

Saw this recommended on other threads but I have no option to logout. It just shows her profile, new profile, and prompts for a pin.

Tried uninstalling & reinstalling on both devices. Also tried unlinking both devices on Roku.com my account. Doesn't work

Streamer317
Roku Guru

It does work. So do you have your own Roku account? Separate from your ex's? Do you have your own Hulu account? You can do a factory reset on your Roku which will wipe out everything and you have to set it up like it was new. 

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instruction

In Hulu, go to menu at top of screen and click on the last icon on the right.
Scroll down and Log out.
Log back in, logging into your desired account.

0 Kudos
drmark99
Reel Rookie

Doesn't work.

Both devices are brand new and factory reset is not needed.

Only occurs with the Hulu account.
Netflix, HBO, ESPN all work fine.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@drmark99  This is not a Roku issue. A factory reset will most likely correct the issue. So when you open up the Hulu channel on your Roku what profiles do you see? Just your ex's? If so then open up that profile and log out. Also you need to restart your Roku after removing the channel. So remove Hulu, restart then re add Hulu. Do you have your own Roku account? Your own Hulu account? 

https://deletingsolutions.com/how-do-i-change-my-hulu-account-on-roku/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxJaDpb1ZA4

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@drmark99 

Hulu 2.PNG

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@drmark99 

You say you removed the Hulu app? That indicates the Hulu subscription is direct and not through Roku Pay. If you need to confirm that go to https://my.roku.com and click on Manage your subscriptions. Ensure there is no subscription there. I suspect there is not, but you should always verify each important data point.

If you are able to remove the Hulu app, do so. Then reboot the Roku. Then reinstall the Hulu app.

Did it autologin to that account again? If not, your issue should be solved and you can log in with your Hulu account.

If it did autologin, that means Single Sign On (SSO) is logging in before you can log in differently. So, you need to look at a few other things. Depending on what is found at various points, there could be a different set of things to try.

First, go back to https://my.roku.com and scroll all the way to the bottom. Do you know about each and every Roku listed there? Are all of yours there? Are only yours there? And can you verify the serial number on the Roku with the Hulu issue shows up in that list? (Settings > System > About)

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

I’m having this same issue. 
previous owner of the tv must have the single sign on. But asking for a PIN.

I’ve tried restarting and factory reset. And still just automatically signs in.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Michaelarose 

Go to Settings > System > About

What email address is at the top? Is that yours? If so, great.

Now on your browser, go to https://my.roku.com and log in. Same email address, right?

Once you're logged in, scroll all the way down. See that Roku listed?

If all that works, then everything is set up right to begin solving. If you didn't see what was expected, you gotta fix that first. So, check those items and let us know.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos