Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JV19

Unable to view STARZ through my Roku TV

When I click on the STARZ app on my Roku TV, the "STARZ" logo is shown and then crashes back to my home screen... why is this happening? It has not happened before and I have had STARZ for about a year...

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to view STARZ through my Roku TV

Hi @JV19,

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Yelabandz

My starz app keeps closing and I did what you suggested 

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Yelabandz

Thanks for the post.

If the same issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Yelabandz 

Just to clarify, are you using the Starz standalone app, or Starz via Roku Channel app?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Wheelz2286

I restarted it and everything and my stars account is still saying your Roku has lost its internet connection trying to figure out why it’s saying this 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Wheelz2286

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the affected channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Keep us posted!

Regards, 
Nimfa

najj__

my app is not currently working as well & i did the steps mutliple times & it's still saying " Your Roku has lost its internet connection " and it's currently connected to wi-fi . 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @najj__,

Welcome to the Roku Community. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos