Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
txazgal1
Channel Surfer

Unable to subscribe to ad suported version of Disney+

Jump to solution

I cannot switch my Disney+ subscription from the Premium version at $10.99 per month to the ad supported version at $7.99 per month. Since I no longer have this choice through Roku, I have cancelled my subscription.  The email I received from Roku in December stated that my subscription would be auto renewed at $7.99 but I was billed for the Premium version.  Needless to say, I was pretty upset by this sneaky way to keep me from having a choice.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to subscribe to ad suported version of Disney+

Jump to solution

Hi @Annette45,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Disney plus remains available on Roku, however, Disney plus Basic is not currently supported. I don’t have any information at this time but we will let customers know if it becomes available in the future

You may watch Disney+ Basic on your Roku by sharing the content from an Apple, Android, or Windows device.

Here’s how:

How to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support
How to screen mirror your Android™ or Windows® phone to your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku ...

Thanks for your patience regarding this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The “with ads” service and the price increase happened in December so it probably hadn’t percolated through Roku’s billing system.

0 Kudos
Annette45

Jump to solution

So I was just trying to log in to Disney plus for the first time had no idea that there was a problem until I just read everything people are saying so what are we to do with our subscriptions to this service if we can't watch it on our Roku???

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Annette45,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Disney plus remains available on Roku, however, Disney plus Basic is not currently supported. I don’t have any information at this time but we will let customers know if it becomes available in the future

You may watch Disney+ Basic on your Roku by sharing the content from an Apple, Android, or Windows device.

Here’s how:

How to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support
How to screen mirror your Android™ or Windows® phone to your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku ...

Thanks for your patience regarding this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
shams2805

Jump to solution

Based on what I've been reading, seems like its a contract dispute with Roku and Disney+. Come on Roku, please resolve the issue so we can take advantage of the cheaper Disney+ (ad supported) plan. Numerous Roku users I know have been dumping Roku and getting on other platforms.

0 Kudos