Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Es posible que el canal Disney plus ya no esté disponible en la plataforma Roku?

Jump to solution

That was almost certainly an unauthorized channel that was pulled due to violating all sorts of TOS and copyright laws.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
luisrod
Channel Surfer

Disney Plus issues for some LA countries, Problemas Disney Plus para algunos países de Latinoamérica

Jump to solution

(Spanish)

Para actualizar la información sobre los problemas de acceso del canal Disney Plus en dispositivos Roku, para algunos países de Latinoamérica:

El día de hoy tuve un contacto adicional con el personal de soporte de Disney Plus, quienes ahora dicen que la actualización del acceso al app debe ser realizada por la gente de Roku 😞 .

En realidad es muy lamentable que ni Roku ni Disney quieran responsabilizarse por este problema. Es una muestra adicional del desprecio que algunas empresas muestran hacia muchos de sus clientes en Latinoamérica (Ni Disney Plus ni el dispositivo Roku nos fueron regalados, lo hemos pagado con nuestros ingresos ganados con esfuerzo). Estoy seguro que si este asunto se hubiera presentado en los EUA o en Europa hace tiempo que ya lo hubieran resuelto.

Alguien sugirió crear una nueva cuenta en Roku y cargar el app desde ahí. No sé si esto funcionaría, pero no nos están dejando más opciones.

(Editado para cumplir con los reglamentos del foro)

**English Version:

To update the information on access problems of the Disney Plus channel on Roku devices, for some Latin American countries:

Earlier today I had additional contact with the Disney Plus support staff, who now say that the app access update must be done by the Roku folks 😞 .

It's actually very unfortunate that neither Roku nor Disney wants to take responsibility for this problem. It is an additional sign of the contempt that some companies show towards many of their clients in Latin America (neither Disney Plus nor the Roku device were given to us, we have paid for it with our hard-earned income). I am sure that if this issue had been raised in the US or in Europe it would have been resolved a long time ago.

Someone suggested creating a new Roku account, and loading the app from there. I don't know if this would work, but they are not leaving us any more options.

(edited due to forum guidelines)

luisrod
Channel Surfer

Disney Plus issues for some LA countries, Problemas Disney Plus para algunos países de Latinoamérica

Jump to solution

(English version)

(Deleted in order to comply with the forum guidelines)

SaenzWJ

Problema de configuración Disney Plus para la región Ecuador

Jump to solution

ES LAMENTABLE QUE SE COMPRA ÉSTE DISPOSITIVO CON EL PROPÓSITO DE UTILIZAR MI CUENTA DE DISNEY Plus Y POR LA REGIÓN EN LA QUE ME ENCUENTRO QUÉ ES ECUADOR, NO SE ENCUENTRA LIBERADO A CAUSA DE LA PIRATERÍA.. COMENTARIO OFICIAL DE LA EMPRESA HOLLOGRAM TELEVISIÓN workaround, Y MÁS CUANDO LA EMPRESA DISTRIBUIDORA PARA LATINOAMERICA Latamel NO SE HACE RESPONSABLE POR DAR UNA SOLUCIÓN A ESTA ESTAFA EN EL PAÍS... SERÁ DENUNCIADA Legalmente POR LA ARCOTEL QUE ES EL AGENTE REGULADOR DEL ESTADO

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Problema de configuración Disney Plus para la región Ecuador

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As a friendly reminder of the Community guidelines:

Discussions regarding any usage of VPNs to circumvent established regional broadcast rules or limitations are not allowed in the Community. Any topic or comment posted regarding the use of a VPN, or any circumvention of applicable limitations, will be removed at Roku's discretion.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
luisrod
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My apologies. Wasn't aware of this particular restriction. In no way I want to suggest anyone to incur in  any improper behaviors.

Have edited my previous posts accordingly.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

For @SaenzWJ and others. Even if Disney Plus is available in your country, it's up to Disney to make it available on Roku devices. Roku themselves have no control over where a channel is made available. That is under the complete control of the channel developer, in this case Disney. When you contact Disney, don't let them tell you it's something Roku can change. They can't. It has to be done by the developer of the Disney Plus channel.

Translation via Bing Translate:

Para @SaenzWJ y otros. Incluso si Disney Plus está disponible en tu país, depende de Disney hacerlo disponible en dispositivos Roku. Los propios Roku no tienen control sobre dónde está disponible un canal. Eso está bajo el control total del desarrollador del canal, en este caso Disney. Cuando te pongas en contacto con Disney, no dejes que te digan que es algo que Roku puede cambiar. No pueden. Lo tiene que hacer el desarrollador del canal Disney Plus.

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Luis22kK
Reel Rookie

ERROR ADD CHANNEL

Jump to solution
I have a roku express model 3900, it won't let me add Disney plus channel code, someone will know why
0 Kudos
renojim

Re: Error adding Disney Plus channel

Jump to solution

Where are you located?  Not all channels/apps are available in all regions and it doesn't matter if you can access Disney Plus via some means other than a Roku.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: Error adding Disney Plus channel

Jump to solution

The 3900 is one of the Roku models Disney Plus says it supports.

Disney Plus is now live and available to stream in the US, Canada, the Netherlands, Austria, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, France, India, Belgium, Denmark, Iceland, Finland, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, United Kingdom, Ireland, Isle of Man, Monaco, Wallis and Futuna, French West Indies, French Guiana, New Caledonia, Japan, Indonesia, Latin America, Réunion, Mayotte, and Mauritius. The service is set to expand to Singapore, Hong Kong, and South Korea later in 2021.  (Note no mention of Thailand.)

The above is per this Business Insider article, 12 May 2021 (check article for updates)

PLEASE NOTE: In addition to enabling each country for web streaming (via a web browser on a computer), Disney must also release a version of their channel app compatible with each streaming platform such as Roku that is authorized for use in each country. This may lag behind release for web streaming. I can find no reference listing which countries have Disney Plus apps for Roku.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Tags (1)
0 Kudos