Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCSAC81
Reel Rookie

TruTV app Stuck in subscription loop error

Hello,

I have a problem with the TruTV app. Previously i logged in with my directv account from years back. I wanted to sign out of my old account direct tv account and switch it to another tv provider. All it does is tell me in a continual loop that my subscription ended but it will not allow me to get to the account screen to log out. It just continually loops in a circle giving me the error after i click ok. Deleting the app and rebooting roku makes no difference. Nothing i have done has resolved this issue.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TruTV app Stuck in subscription loop error

@JCSAC81

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend the following:

1. Log out of your account within the channel.
  2. Remove the channel from your Home screen.
  3. Restart your Roku device.
  4. Add the channel back once more.
  5. Re-authenticate the channel with your current credentials.

If you are still unable to authenticate the channel, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vanilla77

Re: TruTV app Stuck in subscription loop error

The issue is you can’t sign out because the loop keeps saying you’re not authorized to view the channel. Seems like an app issue.

0 Kudos