Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulHemmer
Reel Rookie

Trouble with YouTube TV while using Roku on my LG Tv

For 2 days while watching YOUTUBETV the channel shuts down an$ we get a message that we are out of the service area. The screen says we are in Minneapolis. We are in the Cedar Rapids-Waterloo area. When I check our settings it says we are in Cedar rapid# Waterloo. Then it will work for a few minutes and shut down again. This only happens on our tv. YouTube tv is fine on laptop, iPad, phone. This obviously is a Roku problem. How do I resolve.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trouble with YouTube TV while using Roku on my LG Tv

@PaulHemmer wrote:

When I check our settings it says we are in Cedar rapid# Waterloo.

Which settings are these - in Roku, in YouTube, or somewhere else?  How do you get to them?

You might want to find out where the IP number that your internet supplier has assigned to your account says you're located.  Do a web search for my IP Location and try out several of the services the search returns.  Some of these services may not update their databases in as timely a fashion as others, so it's a good idea to try several of them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos