Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tegister
Reel Rookie

Travel channel flickering

Jump to solution

Added travel channel app. Both my tcl tv and express streamer are having the same issue with it. The screen keeps flickering and even scrolling on its own at times.

all other apps work fine. Per another topic, I tried changing refresh rate option but it didn’t work. Deleted the app and reinstalled. This seems to have fixed on the tv but not the streamer, although I am not certain it was the actual fix on the tv.

the issue does not occur while actually watching content.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Travel channel flickering

Jump to solution

Hi @Tegister

Thank you for keeping in touch!

Don't worry; help is here! You may contact them by clicking Travel Channel Support. We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Tegister

Thanks for the post.

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tegister
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D  I did as you suggested and problem persists. I even did a reset in place of the power option.

I found that if I change the display to 720p, the app flickers once on its home screen and then it is fine. The TV is 1080p and have no desire in viewing in 720p or switching back and forth when using other apps.

my TCL also flickers once on the app’s home screen, but has no display options and is 1080p.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Tegister

Thanks for the reply.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tegister
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D @Thank you. I’ve looked all over and there is no app support for it. If you have info on how to contact them, it would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tegister

Thank you for keeping in touch!

Don't worry; help is here! You may contact them by clicking Travel Channel Support. We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna