Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OH_Streamer
Binge Watcher

Too Many Ads on History Channel

I was watching a 45 min show on the History Channel and was outraged by the amount of ads. There were approximately 30 ads and disruptive interactive ads. After each set of ads, the channel would go back to the show heading and had to push "resume" to continue watching. Sorry to say that I removed this channel from my Home screen. 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Too Many Ads on History Channel

I've experienced the same thing, but just the past few days it has gone back to normal where it continues playing after the way to excessive number of commercials. TOO MANY COMMERCIALS. I pay for services so that I don't have to watch commercials. History channel has wayyy too many commercials. 

Ggotta01

History channel is out of control..,trying to watch Grant and a series of commercials like every few minutes...same ones over and over...makes watching literally impossible.

Tycoon187

Hulu in general is showing this trend plus raising prices. I pay for the no adds ootions and seems like thats all i see. I am about ready to look for the next alternative as Hulu in general isnt what it used to be. 

Chunka
Reel Rookie

The history channel, whether in the app or on demand is unwatchable due to the forced ads!  Not only are the ads forced but they are the same two ads over and over and over. Thank god for Discovery plus no ad version. History channel is history in this household!

Deliusfan
Channel Surfer

This seems to have gotten worse rather than better. And the repeat ads (sometimes in a block of 8!) are driving me crazy. Also if you pause the program for any length of time, it goes back out to the home screen, forcing you to start it again, usually not remembering where you are in the program, forcing you to fast forward back to that point and then get hit with, boom, another set of commercials.

I've written History about it; we'll see if they actually do anything about it. I'm on the road to deletion, too.

Rocky7771

Agreed. It’s not necessary to see the same ad 30 times. I get it.

Davedi

Try to watch “Alone” but it’s unwatchable with commercials literally every five minutes!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the note here, @Davedi.

For more information about that channel's features, ads, and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach them here: https://support.history.com/hc/en-us 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Many thanks,
Mary

Totally agree. History channel on Roku is unwatchable.