Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teppsn
Channel Surfer

Three problems with Roku Apple Music App

Jump to solution

First, problem is I keep getting "Song Not currently Available" right in the middle of playing a song. I tried timing it but its not at a certain time its random. My songs will play for a while then suddenly it will stop playing and when I go to the screen to find out why the music stopped it says the song is not currently available. It's obviously a bug of some type because I can immediately select that song and the music will resume playing. It's almost like someone put that there instead of an "Are you still listening" time-out.

Second problem is the song count is limited to 60 songs. Doesn't matter if its your library or a playlist. The app will only take the first 60 songs in the list and will play those. It only uses the first 60 songs even when using Shuffle. So I read the description again and it says Unlimited playlists, not library so I spent the time to add all my songs, over 190 of them, into a playlist, a real pain since they can only be added one at a time. After I got done I played them and noticed the same issue, the same 60 songs kept playing over and over and all the rest of the songs were being ignored. This is despite the app information clearly stating you have unlimited play on playlists.

So that leads to the third problem. I figured I would divide them up into different playlists of 60 songs in each playlist. But the app will not allow me to create more than one playlist. It says it's I have created a new playlist but it never shows up and I cannot add any songs to it because it never shows up in the playlist section, only the first playlist I created shows up. All the others are missing from my list.

I am sure the workaround is to sync all my music with my computer or phone but I don't want all my music synced, there's songs my kids listen to and I don't want them in my library list. I spent enough time figuring out how to get them off my phone the first time.

So, someone please get someone to solve these problems or I will not be continuing my subscription.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DellStreamer
Streaming Star

Re: Three problems with Roku Apple Music App

Jump to solution

Join the Apple support community. Apple has very good support. Here is a link 

https://discussions.apple.com/community/music/apple_music_on_other_devices

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
teppsn
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Forget problem three.

Suddenly a couple of hours after I created several new play lists they all showed up.

The first two problems still remain.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DellStreamer
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

First of all all 3 of your problems should be directed at Apple since it’s there channel. They are directly responsible for how the channel behaves. You subscribe to Apple Music through your Apple account. Not Roku. The Apple Music channel was just released so it will most likely contain some bugs. Hopefully in time Apple will address these issues. But you should reach out ti them for feedback 

0 Kudos
teppsn
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I would be happy to discuss this with Apple but Apple has not set up any support for the Roku app so I was posting here in the hopes that someone from apple would stumble upon my post.

thanks

0 Kudos
DellStreamer
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Join the Apple support community. Apple has very good support. Here is a link 

https://discussions.apple.com/community/music/apple_music_on_other_devices

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@teppsn

Thanks for the posts.

As @DellStreamer mentioned, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
teppsn
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Excellent advice, I posted on Apple as you suggested, however no one from Apple bothered to even read my post. I have timed the "content unavailable error" and it is exactly 2 hours from the start of playing music. 

But, since this is the wrong forum and obviously no one from Apple cares about the problem, I will just go back to using Pandora. 

But thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

0 Kudos