Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wmgtam
Reel Rookie

Thirteen Explore channel crashes on Roku OS 11 but works great on earlier

Jump to solution

I have a Streaming Stick 4k running 11.0.0 and I have several colleagues with different Roku models.   We all have the Thirteen Explore channel installed.

For those of us with Roku OS versions less than 11.0.0 the channel loads fine.   For those of us with 11.0.0 we get a very brief look at the splash screen, and then we're returned to the Roku home screen.

I've tried deleting the app, rebooting, and reinstalling.  I've tried factory reset. 

We have the same issue with the All Arts channel.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wmgtam
Reel Rookie

Re: Thirteen Explore channel crashes on Roku OS 11 but works great on earlier

Jump to solution

The channels mentioned have been updated and work right now.

What I don't understand is why Roku would release an OS update that breaks channels. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The developer might have to update the channel to work with Roku 11. You could reach out to the channel developer 

0 Kudos
sacdone
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just discovered I have the same issue. (I guess I must have version 11.0.0.)

I suppose there's consolation in knowing the issue isn't with my stick or my TV, but it's upsetting -- the channel used to work, just fine.

So it's up to Channel 13 to provide a fix?

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@sacdone  This isn’t about channel 13. This is about Thirteen Explorer channel 

0 Kudos
sacdone
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thirteen Explore is the app provided by Channel 13 (PBS) in New York City.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@wmgtam and @sacdone 

Failing to launch on my devices as well so likely a Channel issue that should be brought to the attention of the Channel developer. (https://www.wnet.org/about/contact/)

"All Arts" is also a WNET developed channel so same advice.  They probably just need to some some tweaking on their end of things to get them working with Roku again.

It also may be unrelated to the OS 11 and the Channels/apps are just having issues (which again, are the responsibility of the Channel Developer).

Basically, nothing wrong with your devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
CCAT
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the same issue Thirteen Explore and  NJ PBS I get a very brief look at the splash screen, and then we're returned to the Roku home screen....I've tried deleting the app, rebooting, and reinstalling.... I have a TCL Roku TV

However, I have Roku Express on my kitchen TV and Thirteen Explore and  NJ PBS work just fine - so it must have something to do with my TCL Roku TV????

0 Kudos
CCAT
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the same issue Thirteen Explore and  NJ PBS I get a very brief look at the splash screen, and then we're returned to the Roku home screen....I've tried deleting the app, rebooting, and reinstalling.... I have a TCL Roku TV

However, I have Roku Express on my kitchen TV and Thirteen Explore and  NJ PBS work just fine - so it must have something to do with my TCL Roku TV????

0 Kudos
CCAT
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thirteen Explore and  NJ PBS do not work on TCL ROKU TV but work just fine on a TV with Roku Express, so it does not seem to be the apps problem but a ROKU problem – Please ROKU, fix it!

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@CCAT  Are both your devices (TV and Express) running Roku OS 11? It could be that Thirteen no longer works on Roku OS 11. So the channel developer needs to address this 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.