Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PunkMaister
Binge Watcher

The Roku Crackle channel/App no longer works in Puerto Rico only mobile app works

The Roku Crackle App no longer works in Puerto Rico as of the last update. In works in mobile app and mobile browsers though so is not an out of region problem as the channel/app always messages now before forcing you to exit the app no questions asked.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: The Roku Crackle channel/App no longer works in Puerto Rico only mobile app works

@PunkMaister wrote:

... In works in mobile app and mobile browsers though so is not an out of region problem ...

That is not a valid test. Apps being supported on one platform does NOT mean it will be supported on another platform.

When you go to the Roku Channel Store on the device, do you see the app? If so, it is supported there.

That would mean the whole "not working" thing is actually not working for you.

Try 1) removing the app, 2) rebooting the Roku, then 3) reinstalling the app. Don't skip steps, or do out of order.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: The Roku Crackle channel/App no longer works in Puerto Rico only mobile app works

You also need to be more specific about your Roku device.  What is the model number of your Roku device?   Find it on either the bottom of the unit itself, or the bottom of the packaging where the device manufacturing information and UPC code is.  I have a 2017/2018 Express+ with analog outputs and it’s model no. 3910X.  If the number is way longer, then it is the serial number.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
PunkMaister
Binge Watcher

@DBDukes wrote:

@PunkMaister wrote:

... In works in mobile app and mobile browsers though so is not an out of region problem ...

That is not a valid test. Apps being supported on one platform does NOT mean it will be supported on another platform.

When you go to the Roku Channel Store on the device, do you see the app? If so, it is supported there.

That would mean the whole "not working" thing is actually not working for you.

Try 1) removing the app, 2) rebooting the Roku, then 3) reinstalling the app. Don't skip steps, or do out of order.

I would not have made this post  before exhausting all other options so of course the channel app for Crackle is on the Roku store or whatever you want to call it and I did reboot the Roku and delete and reinstall the channel/app as well to no avail which is why this post was made.

0 Kudos
PunkMaister
Binge Watcher

@Michelle3 wrote:

You also need to be more specific about your Roku device.  What is the model number of your Roku device?   Find it on either the bottom of the unit itself, or the bottom of the packaging where the device manufacturing information and UPC code is.  I have a 2017/2018 Express+ with analog outputs and it’s model no. 3910X.  If the number is way longer, then it is the serial number.

~ Jordan

Model: 3930x Roku Express

Serial Number X00400FAJSE5

Software version: 11.0.0. Version 4193-AE

Device ID: S008298AJSE5

I've already tried everything I can on my end. Rebooting, deleting and reinstalling all to no avail and even contacted Crackle support about it but so far all I've got is tge,confirmation email that I sent an email to them and nothing more. 

As of now the channel/app is removed/deleted as it currently serves no purpose until is fixed if ever.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@PunkMaister wrote:

... Rebooting, deleting and reinstalling all to no avail ...

You keep listing the order wrong. If that is the order you're doing it, that's not correct. The correct order is:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

You keep listing having done the steps 2,1,3. That's the wrong order. And the order matters.

Now, it still might not make a difference, but if your intention is to do the steps, they must be done in the order described, or it's as if you didn't do it at all.

Note that we are dependent on your descriptions of what you did, and if you say you did a, b, c, then we assume you meant in that order. So, precision in reporting steps is important.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Michelle3
Roku Guru

@DBDukes 

Honestly, I’ve explained this whole remove/restart/reinstall thing to a couple of users in the community, and one of the users, named @TVCritical falsely labeled it as “fake help.”  It’s really odd…

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
PunkMaister
Binge Watcher

🙄Sigh...🙄

I've repeated the process as requested to the letter again to no freaking avail.

There's a reason why people are so shaft about this particular set of instructions. Most Roku users when a channel/app ceases to work properly they exit it and reboot their Rokus myself included and usually in 99.99 % of the cases that solves the problem.

But anyhow the point is I've already done as instructed to the letter to no avail so what now? Ive already also posted the specs,of my device as well....

0 Kudos
PunkMaister
Binge Watcher

@Michelle3 wrote:

@DBDukes 

Honestly, I’ve explained this whole remove/restart/reinstall thing to a couple of users in the community, and one of the users, named @TVCritical falsely labeled it as “fake help.”  It’s really odd…

~ Jordan

I've done exactly as instructed to no avail as I said.

Oh and I'm not the only one it seems to be affecting all Roku users who use the Crackle Roku channel/app that live on all the unincorporated US territories.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@PunkMaister wrote:

Oh and I'm not the only one it seems to be affecting all Roku users who use the Crackle Roku channel/app that live on all the unincorporated US territories.

I'm running OS 11.0.0 b4193

Crackle 7.0 b16

If  you have the same software running, then there is no issue with that app/OS combination. If that's the case, it may be best to contact Crackle directly.

DBDukes

0 Kudos