Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Russlynn
Reel Rookie

The Roku Channel subtitles incorrect

How can I let someone know that the wrong episode subtitles are showing for “Honey I Bought the House” on the Roku Channel? It’s very difficult to watch when you need the subtitles and they are attached to the wrong episode. I cannot find any mechanism to contact anyone to let them know.

Thanks,

Russlynn

Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Merrgh
Reel Rookie

Re: The Roku Channel subtitles incorrect

I'm so glad I found this post, because I have NO idea who to tell or where to ask the question!  Did you ever figure it out?

I've noticed the wrong subtitles on The Nanny (S4 E10) - they seem to be the subtitles from an episode of T.J. Hooker.  I use the subtitles to supplement my hearing, so it's very disconcerting.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@RokuDanny-R: Posting to bring this thread to Roku's attention.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Merrgh,

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Does this happen on all movies/shows in The Roku channel or just a specific episode? 

In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Merrgh
Reel Rookie

The issue: When I watch this one specific episode of The Nanny (Season 4, Episode 10, "The Car Show"), the subtitles are always from an episode of T.J. Hooker - based on the names listed in the subtitles, I'm guessing the subtitles are from Season 3, Episode 2, "Carnal Express". 

Edit: Apparently Season 3 Episode 16 of The Nanny (titled "The Grandmas") is also showing subtitles from a T.J. Hooker episode, which I'm guessing to be Season 4, Episode 10, "Grand Theft Auto".

The subtitles are clearly unrelated to what is happening onscreen, and are obviously timed for the action of a different show.  The problem occurs every time I watch that particular episode, even after restarting the Roku device and checking for updates.  However, this is the only episode where this happens.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Merrgh

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kryspyx

Not only does this happen VERY frequently on my 4630, across most of the series I watch...but it also affects the filmstrip view when fast-forwarding or rewinding through an episode...the previous episode’s filmstrip is displayed.  This has been going on for well over a year, off and on....but mostly the problem is happening than not. 

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kryspyx,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Please cite specific content title examples that you have tried to play in The Roku Channel that are experiencing an issue so we can help investigate this further. In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
rdwhitti

It happens to me very frequently. Often when watching one episode subtitles will be correct and when I go to the next episode they are totally unrelated. I have noticed this on multiple shows for example TJ Hooker and Mike Hammer. It also happens on different channels, for example Roku Channel and Paramount+ and even Amazon Prime Video. Sometimes just stopping and restarting corrige issue but usually not. This is getting very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@rdwhitti

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • specific example of title content that you see this issue occur with
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate what you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos