Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidV1
Reel Rookie

Re: The Roku Channel (on firestick) playback errors

I had the same issue.  In my case it was being caused by the VPN running on the FireStick.

I added an exception for 'The Roku Channel', and now it works fine...

Andrewforlife
Reel Rookie

How did you add the exception? Is this something you do on the Firestick? 

Liza1801

I have the same issue. I get a playback error. Whats odd is I tried to watch Weird All and was able to see his introduction and the “Roku presents” but then it started buffering and gives me the Playback error message. I have a firestick lite. I have uninstalled and reinstalled roku app, cleared the cache, etc. nothing works.

Playback Error Only on Weird Al

I've been trying to watch the Weird Al movie since it premiered, but have never been able to get past the intro where he introduces himself. Playback error reads "Unfortunately, we were unable to play this content. Please try again later." This is day six of trying

I am not a regular Roku user, and am only using the app through my Fire stick, but am not having issues attempting to play other programs.

scottgojoe

Re: Playback Error Only on Weird Al

I am having the same issue dont know what to do

lnevo

Same issue watching Weird. Can't get it to play 😞

delenn

I'm having the same issue on our Fire Stick. Other movies and TV shows in the Roku Channel app play fine. I've tried uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling the app, and Weird Al still won't play. Roku has been no help on Twitter.

delenn

Re: fix unfortunately, we were unable to play this content. please try again later

I am having this exact same issue with the WEIRD AL movie on my Fire Stick. All the other content in the Roku Channel app plays without an issue. I've uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled. Has a fix been found?

DavidV1
Reel Rookie

I can only speak about my problem, which was caused by my VPN (NordVPN).  I added an exception (split tunneling) for Roku and then I was able to watch 'Weird'.

If you are not running a VPN on your FireStick, I'm afraid you will have to keep looking for an answer.

tess3104

I had been trying for 3 days for the same problem.  I even ended up trying and being able to install 

the Roku app on my Chromebook and my android phone, so I was figuring there has to be an 

answer to watch on tv.   In my own case, not that this would work for anyone else, I had to let the 

entire movie play to the end on my Chromebook, and had the sound turned down and didn't watch 

it, just let it play to the end.  I had noticed that if I held the home button down while trying to watch 

on my tv that some of the scenes looked like they were downloading as they were being played 

on my Chromebook.  So the whole movie played to it's ending, I then went back after unplugging 

and reattaching the firestick and plugging in the tv (I just unplugged all the equipment while 

I was "downloading" the movie onto the Chromebook), I then could view the movie on my tv.  

Hope this helps.  It is pretty annoying to know that the channel is free and you can't watch it!