Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldemko

Re: The Roku Channel crashing to Roku Home screen

This is not fixed. We are experiencing the same issue on all roku devices. What to do?

0 Kudos
bribur44

Re: Roku channel broken please help

roku home screen with logo only keeps repeating itself. I can't get the You Tube streaming channel to come on. Help!

0 Kudos
bribur44

help!

0 Kudos
MrEe
Reel Rookie

Problem has not been resolved. Most often occurs when attempting to resume a program. A few seconds of audio with maybe video, maybe just sound, then the entire tv reboots and eventually returns to the tv home screen.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@MrEe  If all the other apps work on your device, then the issue is probably with the Roku servers.  If not, either you have a defective Roku device or something is wrong with your router/modem.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
MrEe
Reel Rookie

@Michelle3 wrote:

@MrEe  If all the other apps work on your device, then the issue is probably with the Roku servers.  If not, either you have a defective Roku device or something is wrong with your router/modem.

~ Jordan

That is the point. All other apps function as they should. This is only an issue with the Roku app, no probably about it.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If your Roku channel is still crashing back to your home screen, please make sure you have tried removing the app and then reinstalling it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Keep us posted on how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gaisa

i am still on the 7 day trial and have not been able to see one program because it sends me back to home after displaying a error issue.  So of course I will discontinue the trial.  

0 Kudos
Gaisa

This issue is NOT repaired.  I am trying to watch ROKU Channel on my computer to no avail still during my 7 day trial.  I contacted support explaining I cannot register to my television because my son input his email information and i am not in contact with him so I don't have his password.  So I cannot watch premium on the television due to that issue.  So the fact that i keep getting thrown back to home screen after an error message on the computer is defeating.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Gaisa, I don't know how to resolve your Roku Channel problem on your computer, but you may want to factory reset your TV and link it to the Roku account you're using here.

How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

If you have a subscription to something through Roku and it's linked to the account you're using here then you won't be able to use that subscription on a Roku device that's linked to your son's account.

You can check what subscriptions you yourself have on your Roku account here:

https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos