Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spinster
Reel Rookie

The Roku Channel Til' Death Season 4 not in oder

FYI that this has still not been fixed.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel Til' Death Season 4 not in oder

Hi @Spinster,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching us regarding an issue with content. We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
theman204
Reel Rookie

Already was aware of this issue but seeing as most recent question adding mine to it. I'm in Canada & in March it showed Til' Death had just been added. Even with March Madness I'd watched most of episodes but still had 2nd half of season 4. When I went to watch last wk Til' Death is no longer listed. Don't get how it was only available for a month. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
theman204
Reel Rookie

Til' Death is gone after a month in Canada

Where did Til' Death go?

In March 2023 it was in the pop up ad when started Roku 1 day as just added this series. So in spite of March Madness wound up making it to S4-19 but when I went to watch last wk it isn't anywhere anymore. Just wondering how a show can only be available for a month if was only available to Canadians in March. Have seen older posts from last yr so also confused how recently added up here in March 2023 when seems like added March 2022 or earlier.

I've added similar post to the most recent Til' Death post about out of order episodes in season 4 but as can't find a one answering this question decided to make my own

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @theman204,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We can understand your concern about the content issue on your Roku device and we'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help but we need more details. Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What channel are you trying to load this content from? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? 

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Skizzie

Re: The Roku Channel Til' Death Season 4 not in oder

It is NOT A ROKU ISSUE that the episodes seem out of order. Fox aired the episodes in that order so that is how Roku had to air them also.

I know this was posted in 2023, but I just finished watching all 4 seasons and wanted to help others that may be watching and lost. Fox screwed up the last season of Til Death so much that I thought I had taken some of Doug's shrooms!!!

Here is what I read from Wikipedia about the weird order:

"The fourth and final season premiered in October 2009 at a new time, Fridays at 8:30/7:30c. This season is notable in that a large number of episodes produced for the third season, but previously unaired by Fox, were shown alongside new episodes produced for season four."

This story from AVclub.com explains what it is like watching them out of order:

"Further compounding problems and making the show seem even more hallucinatory was Fox's decision to screen the 15 episodes they never aired from season three along with the season four episodes, so the show would ping-pong randomly between a series about a bitter married couple having strained fights and living with JB Smoove to a weird, hallucinatory nightmare of suburban life filtered through the perception of a stoned, possibly mentally ill manchild. Ally would be played by a blonde in one episode (from season three), then a brunette in another, then another brunette in yet another. Plus, Fox aired the episodes all out of order. Doug and Ally's wedding aired before their engagement, and the birth of their first child—intended to be the series finale—was followed by three more rejected third season episodes. The show itself seemed to give up as well, tossing weird, random sound effects and obnoxiously loud music over the top of establishing shots or having a recurring plot where guest star Martin Mull is in a dom-sub relationship with a woman who may or may not be a psychopath.

The Doug story arc was one of the more unexpected things on TV last year, including the character riffing on the generic brands the other characters were using (and tossing in a tie-in to another storyline, no less), the other characters joking about how if they were a sitcom they'd be in a timeslot where no one would watch them, Doug slowly coming to realize he could neither swear nor have actual sex, and a whole episode where Ally was recast yet again and Doug had to come to terms with it before realizing the actress playing his new wife was much friskier in the bedroom (even as he realized that the camera would cut away before anything would happen).

But wait! There's more! Doug went to therapy with a therapist played by Mayim Bialik, who was gradually revealed to be the actress Mayim Bialik, who was filming a reality show based on her practice, all the better to further disorient Doug. And there were suggestions that she might actually have been the character Blossom, as well as a long, startlingly unfunny scene full of "Yeah, your career's dead, but so is mine!" jokes from some number of former Blossom stars and a fat man who thinks he's Joey Lawrence."

0 Kudos