Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scolli23
Streaming Star

Roku speakers, LOUD. Advertisements

I have Roku speakers pair, great awesome sound. BUT, when I first got them sound leveling did keep commercials volume lower, than without leveling.

now it seems commercials are loud again as they were in past.

can Roku tweak their settings to lower volume at commercials again.

I bet providers were asked to try to defeat volume leveling. 

cat and mouse game.

Gthressa60
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku speakers, LOUD. Advertisements

I couldn't agree more. I love watching the Roku channel but right now I am getting frustrated with the volume of the commercials when they come on. Other than that I absolutely love it. You're roku's doing really great with this channel but please do something about commercial volumes. It's very irritating at the very least.

DarkMajiks

Re: The Roku Channel: LOUD Volume on Commercials

The eHealthMedicare.com commercial literally blew one of my speakers so I stopped using RokuTV and started watching on other streaming apps. I do not mind commercials but... THEY SHOULD NOT BE 20 TIMES THE VOLUME OF THE SHOW I AM WATCHING!!!!!

JimL
Streaming Star

My solution for the Roku channel's extremely loud commercials is to not watch the Roku channel.  Obviously, Roku is not looking at any of the various threads about their ridiculous volume level for commercials.  There are too many other good apps/channels that don't have the out of control volume to have to put up with this.  I cannot believe that after all this time, Roku has not gotten the message.

JimL
Streaming Star

I recently discovered Roku's new (well, new to me anyway) Live TV channel.  I do not know if the regular Roku channel has made any commercial volume changes to make it tolerable, but will say that this new channel is managed properly and commercials are at the right volume.  Several great TV shows are on this 'Live TV' channel.

0 Kudos
CFmotorider
Reel Rookie

Re: Loud commercials on The Roku Channel

The repetitive commercial o the ROKU Channel having to do with Audi is VERY VERY ANNOYING . It comes on so loud it scares everyone in the house and makes the dogs bark . This needs to be stopped NOW . This commercial for one thing plays too after and a the most annoying commercial ever 

CFmotorider
Reel Rookie

The Audi Car commercial is HORRIBLY LOUD and I have to quickly grab the remote to lower the volume every time which is an Annoying thing to have to do 

StevenCee
Roku Guru

As far as I know congress did pass a law, in the past several years, outlawing overly loud commercials!  However, it's obviously not being enforced very well. Perhaps an (person who's profession is law)  could contact Roku and warn them they are in violation of the law. I find the extreme unevenness of the volume in general to be very lame. It's not rocket science to equalize volume, so that nothing is ever way too loud, or way too soft. Some stations are quite loud, while others, unfortunately some that feature live music performances never can get loud enough! I thought there might be a way to set a master volume, but no, its all helter skelter, sadly...

CFmotorider
Reel Rookie

Pardon me for getting it wrong but it is the Volvo commercial that is so annoyingly loud it is Ridiculous Having to turn down the volume when that commercial comes on is a stupid thing to have to do. Something needs to be done about this ASAP 

RussB

I have been dealing with the loud commercials for a WHILE! And I FINALLY found the fix! Put on the show you want to stream, and play the show. As it plays, hit the "*" button (A menu should pop up). Next, hit "Sound Settings" then "Sound Mode". Change the mode to "Speech". The commercials should now be the same volume as your show! I hope this helps this long-time issue!