Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cahein

Re: TennisTV won't open - loads then clicks back to the main Roku screen.

Same issue! Very frustrating that TennisTV needs to fix. The only difference is that it works during the day. It appears it doesn't work during live streaming.

0 Kudos
Sparlingo

Same here, spent an hour trying to load - most frustratating

0 Kudos
ppinocci
Binge Watcher

Tennis TV developers know about the issues on Roku and say they are working on the update.  I got a reply from an email to Tennis TV support and from a review I posted in the Play Store saying so a week ago.  Hopefully the update comes out soon.  In the mean time I've been bringing live matches up on my Android phone and casting to a Chromecast I also have on my TV for just such occasions.  Replays are a different matter, the FF and Rewind buttons don't work on the Roku app, and the casting doesn't work on the Android app during replays, so you have to watch them all the way through to watch replays on the TV until they come out with the update.  Another option Tennis TV support gave was watching it on a computer and connecting the computer to your TV with an HDMI cable.  Here's a link to their page of known issues:

https://tennistvhelp.streamamg.com/support/solutions/articles/80000972034-tennis-tv-known-issues

0 Kudos
mwhellums

Yes, TennisTV does not work on my Roku.  It will not forward.  The only way to view a match is to watch every second of it.  You can not skip ahead.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @mwhellums

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? 

When you launch the channel, does it go back to the home screen?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ppinocci
Binge Watcher

The original issue that this post was named for has been fixed.  The remaining issue on the Roku platform is the Fast-forward/Reverse issue on match replays that the previous responder mentioned, for which the Tennis TV app developers have known about for three months and still haven't fixed, and for which there are posts specifically about.

0 Kudos
mgh10

I am having the same problem. Originally loaded and played fine but only for one match. Was trying to figure out how to watch other live matches with not success. Then the problem stated originally on this post started happening. Restarted the Roku device and it started working again for only one channel. Turned everything off and came back later to watch and am having the same problem again even after trying to restart the Roku device.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @mgh10

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mcc5

I have one Roku where it works and one where the tennis channel fails to load.

I deleted the app, restarted the system, readied the app. Still fail to load and goes back to the Home Screen. First time I tried today it said API FAILURE. Not it just doesn’t load. 
this just started today 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mcc5,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Are all other streaming channels playing content normally? What Roku model device are you using?

We also recommend getting the latest TennisTV channel version by checking for a channel update using your * button on the channel tile or going to Settings for a System Update there. Then, restart your player. 

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos