Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bookshop
Reel Rookie

Re: Tencent Video to be added to Roku

Jump to solution

Just seconding the earlier reply. WeTV is Tencent's streaming platform, available internationally as well as in China. It is not the "We TV" app that is currently on Roku. Would love to have Tencent on Roku!!!!

normabell
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That is not the Tencent Chinese drama app! That’s American tv, too trashy to watch! Tencent is app that drama watchers want not WeTV USA.

sph3

Jump to solution

This is the American WETV, not the Asian channel, which can be found online at wetv.vip. It's the Asian streaming channel we'd like to see added to the Roku lineup.

kiira2125

Jump to solution

We want to see the WeTv by Tencent Video its an Asain drama, movie , anime app, please.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about a channel's availability on a Roku device, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ashlynnd98
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

WETV isnt the same as WeTV. WeTV has all asian dramas by Tecent Video. WETV features dramas in USA. Didnt find any asian dramas tbh. Please add WeTV or something other than IQYI ( although I love IQYI, we need more since most Asian broadcasting platforms are on mobile !)

Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ashlynnd98, love the suggestion! Your feedback is highly appreciated. Sending this to our internal team ASAP!

Lucia1990

Jump to solution

hi wetv is not tencent video. We usually called is tenxun video app. I’m looking forward to see this app on the rouku. The TCl is chinese Brand. It suppose to enroll a lot of chinese apps in the TV as well. 

Tags (1)
ashlynnd98
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @Lucia1990 ,

WeTV is owned by Tecent Video. In the USA we call it  WeTV which Tecent Video is the platform of the company. Here is a link to prove this  : https://www.selectmedia.asia/news/tencents-wetv-chooses-selectmedia-as-its-video-platform/

Hope my explanation helps. 

Jump to solution

Wetv is not available for me

0 Kudos