Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Tencent Video to be added to Roku

Jump to solution

You must remember that Roku is not officially supported world-wide, and in unsupported countries it is hit or miss (usually miss) if content is available there. To see what countries are supported by Roku, go to the main Roku web site and scroll to the very bottom. There's a link you can click that shows the country you are viewing on their site, and if you click (change) a box will open showing all supported countries.

Now, just because a country is not listed there, it doesn't mean a Roku can't be used. Some channels, such as YouTube, are available world-wide. But channels like HBO Max, Disney+, and many of the other popular channels, won't work, or simply aren't even available to install. Roku doesn't control that, the providers do.

If there's a specific provider you'd like to have available on your Roku, you need to contact that provider. Roku does not create and maintain channels for other providers. Only the content provider can create a channel for Roku devices and permit it in the location you desire. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Angylw42

Jump to solution

Wrong WeTv! We want Wetv/tencent video app! The WeTv roku offers is women's entertainment television not an Asian drama app

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Angylw42, you need to reach out to WeTv and tell them you want them to create a Roku channel/app.  For the most part Roku doesn't create them; it's just a platform.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.