Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Tencent Video to be added to Roku

Jump to solution

Hi @Alexandrina

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about the issue you're experiencing? Please let us know as well the region you are located. With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bookshop
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The issue is that we want the Tencent WeTV app added to Roku. We've contacted Tencent and asked for them to develop one.

Because there's an existing "WeTV" app Roku staff keeps telling us there's no problem. But that app is a generic app, not the Tencent app known as "WeTV." 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@bookshop

Thanks for the reply.

Please be advised that many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developer themselves. We indeed recommend reaching out to WeTV's customer support team to report the issue and get help. They are the best ones to help you with that matter.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
ashlynnd98
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

A shortcut to watching Tecent Video on Roku is by casting it on to your television using your phone or any device that has the capability to cast it. Or I use screen mirroring which is also the way I watch Yoku on my tv as well. Problem solved 😊🙏🏻🙏🏻 Hope this helps !

0 Kudos
ripleycon

Jump to solution

If you want Tencent Video ( or any other apps not currently available on Roku), cast it from an IOS device. Airplay can be used on Roku.

I bought a cheap iPad mini on eBay, and most  streaming services I loaded it with can be sent to my Rokus (streambar and TV) if it's on the same network. 

0 Kudos
JTBUCKLEY

Jump to solution

Hi the group is talking about the WeTV Asian channel. Tencent video in the US. The app is available is the Play store and I am sure in the Apple Store. We subscribe on YouTube but would prefer to support Roku than YouTube. 

debbie78

Jump to solution

I'm so happy because I have the app on my phone and I would really like for this app to be on Roku

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @debbie78,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
normabell
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That channel is not Tencent!

fleong

Jump to solution

The WeTV that is currently on Roku is Women's Entertainment, a Western-based channel. The WeTV being discussed here is a Chinese drama channel run my Tencent. It is confusing since both channels use the same name