Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Icstephen
Reel Rookie

Tcm app not working after loading

Starting a few days ago, TCM app loads then goes to black screen. Restated roku and looked for updates still not working. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Tcm app not working after loading

Try removing the channel/app (highlight it on the Home Screen, press * on your remote, choose remove), restart your Roku from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (or just unplug the power and plug it back in; don't skip this step), add the channel again from Streaming Channels.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
LD48750
Reel Rookie

Have 5 ROKU tv's

WatchTCM works on 2.

WatchTCM goes to black screen on 3.

Will uninstall & reinstall mess up the 2 that are working?

Do I have to uninstall& reinstall on each TV?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@LD48750-

Your channels are tied to your Roku account, not to your individual Rokus.  The actual channel apps are then installed on each Roku that is linked to that same Roku account.  So when you remove or add a channel app on one Roku, you remove or add it on all Rokus linked to that same Roku account.

In the remove/restart/re-install process on one Roku, the channel will be removed and re-installed on all Rokus linked to that Roku account.  Only the one on which you are doing this will be restarted before re-installing the channel though. 

Your Rokus that were not having the problem should be fine.

The other Rokus that were having the problem before MIGHT not get clean reinstalls without that restart.  On those units you may need to repeat the remove/restart.reinstall process.

Notes:

• On Roku TVs with "Fast start" enabled, turning the set off and back on does not give you a full restart.  You must restart via Settings > System > Power> System restart, or  pull the power plug for a few seconds.
  • When reinstalled, the channel will be added right away on the Roku unit on which you performed the remove/restart/reinstall.  It may not be reinstalled to the other units until each unit does its automatic daily update check.  On each unit you can force a manual update check if necessary via Settings > System > System update > Check now.
  • When reinstalled, the channel will be added at the bottom of the Roku home page channel grid.  The grid arrangement is specific to each unit so If you want to move it to a different spot on the grid, it will have to be repeated on each unit,
  • If the channel is one that requires a log in, you MAY need to log in again on each unit.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
LD48750
Reel Rookie

Uninstall/reinstall worked.

WatchTCM working on all units.

Wife is happy.

0 Kudos