Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patterss

Re: Tablo constantly buffering on Roku

Danny, I'm not the person who wrote the original post about buffering, but I am a new user, and I am having the same problem with buffering using Tablo. It does not happen on other channels. It happens with both live shows and recordings. Very irritating since Tablo is the only place where I can see local news. Appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Holliday
Channel Surfer

Hi, Danny,

I wrote the original post, and like others who have commented, the Tablo channel is the only one I had issues with buffering.  Every other Roku channel worked perfectly, but anytime I used the Tablo channel, the content buffered excessively to where it was unwatchable.  

I also contacted Tablo and ran diagnostics on the Tablo unit and did a lot of troubleshooting with them, and was never able to get the issue resolved.  They blamed my wi-fi, although no other electronic device in my home has buffering issues on my wi-fi, even other electronics sitting next to the Tablo.  

If someone at Roku could work on this issue, it would be much appreciated.   I feel like the issue lies with the channel.  I don't know if that is Roku's or Tablo's issue, but perhaps one of you can figure it out or maybe work together to resolve the issue.

Thank you,

Laura

0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

@Holliday   The Tablo TV channel is Developed by Nuvyyo. If you press the * button on the remote when you highlight the channel you will see the information. Roku does not develop the channel. 

0 Kudos
Holliday
Channel Surfer

I am aware Roku doesn't develop channels, which is why I mentioned that maybe they could work WITH Tablo to resolve the issue.  Nuvyyo developed the channel for Tablo, I'm assuming.  Tablo is aware of the issue and has refused to take an responsibility for the issue, refusing to admit the issue is with the Tablo device or Tablo channel.  It would be nice if Nuvyyo, Tablo, or Roku would investigate the channel itself to see if that is the source of the issue.  

0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

@Holliday  I see your point but Roku is the streaming platform. They are not directly responsible for how any channel works that is not developed by them. Nuvyyo is the signed developer so keep reaching out to them.

David571
Reel Rookie

I haven't had any more buffering issues with the rokus but after having my Tablo a few weeks it wouldn't connect to WiFi anymore I tried all the suggestions from Tablo and nothing fixed so I had to run about a 100 feet of ethernet cable fron router to Tablo to be able to use my Tablo again.

Running the ethernet was easier then running antenna cable the other way.

Still love Tablo but they seem more buggy then other options.

0 Kudos
AlanB1

Re: Tablo constant buffering on Roku now resolved.

Updated software on Roku and Tablo. Removed and reinstalled Tablo app on Roku.

Buffering went away.

AlanB

0 Kudos