Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wapakfred

TV Start up Default device, I want Dish instead of Roku

I have the Roku Ultra hooked up to a Samsung TV, there is also a Dish Hopper STB hooked to it. Everytime I power the TV on it defaults to the Roku instead of the Dish (I want the default to be Dish). Follwing some on line device to go to Settings→System→Power→Power on and then choose a default doesn't work...I don't have the 4th choice in the string. The only choices I have are auto power savings and restart. What am I missing?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: TV Start up Default device, I want Dish instead of Roku

@wapakfred The directions you are following are for Roku TVs.  You will have to go into the settings on your Samsung TV and see if you can find a setting to change the power on input or source.  I don't know which Samsung TV you have so I can not give further details.  On some TVs the power on input will be the last used so if you turn off while on the Roku Ultra input it would power on to that input.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: TV Start up Default device, I want Dish instead of Roku

I believe most Samsung TVs power on to the same input they were on when turned off.  (Though there could be a setting somewhere that overrides that.)

Some people need to disable one touch play on their Roku (Settings > System > Control other devices > 1-touch play) because in some installations it requests the TV to switch to the Roku input more than it should.

0 Kudos