Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot access TCM - format changed - will not allow me to sign in. Anyone else?

Jump to solution

This is happening to me again as it did when TCM changed their logo in September.  Roku can't fix this.  The problem is with TCM!!  They need to get their act together!!!

Imemine
Roku Guru

Re: Cannot access TCM - format changed - will not allow me to sign in. Anyone else?

Jump to solution

At first it wouldn't let me watch anything because it told me I didn't have it in my Cable lineup which is a lie I would constantly get error messages now when I go in it tells me that authorization for this content failed. I pay $160 a month for cable I've always been able to watch the TCM app through my Roku and about 8 months ago it stopped allowing me to access it is still on my TV lineup that I pay for every month. I've contacted TCM over and over again and they have no answers for me.. does anybody have any suggestions? It even says spectrum up on the right hand corner of the app it just won't let me watch anything. Please help me thank you in advance

Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

After giving me all the error messages telling me I don't subscribe to this lineup through my cable, when I deleted the app and reinstalled it it didn't ask me to sign on again but on the right hand side up on top it says I'm spectrum I'm so pissed off I don't know what to do. Prior to this it was giving me Erie message telling me I didn't have this in my lineup and I do.

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi  @Imemine

Thank you for the inquiry!

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the TCM channel is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, if it still has no dice and the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to TCM support directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I've tried everything. I've even tried accessing it on my cell phone it allows me to activate through my spectrum account but then tells me activation failed and I don't have it in my channel lineup. It's on channel 59 on my channel lineup and I can watch it anytime I want but I choose to watch it through the TCM app which now they've cut off for some reason. Maybe they're going to start charging? I'm supposed to be able to access anything through an app as long as I subscribe to that channel through a valid service provider. I can't access it in any case so TCM lies or they have a major problem blocking people.