Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DalTex
Channel Surfer

Re: Cannot access TCM - format changed - will not allow me to sign in. Anyone else?

Jump to solution

Since Watch TCM just updated their app channel on Roku, this is obviously the same problem people were having with the Hulu app channel and few weeks ago. Best bet is to call both Roku and TCM to find out when this will be resolved, Hulu took 2 weeks to resolve.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot access TCM - format changed - will not allow me to sign in. Anyone else?

Jump to solution

@DalTex 

Sure, you can ask Roku about it, but Roku didn't build the app. Roku can't fix it.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Jennajon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Count me in on this mess. TCM has a history of mucking up this app within Roku. 

So, it appears the only way to log your issue and resulting complaint is to:

1. join the TCM message boards and go to topic/268048-roku-watch-tcm-app-crashes-after-installing-updated-app.

2. Do not expect this to be remedied quickly--usually takes at least 2-3 business days.

3. Do not blame Roku. This one is on TCM.

Jump to solution

Having the same problem!  Watch TCM is the main thing I watch at night in my bedroom and ever since the "update" it's been a no go!  They need to get this fixed soon!

0 Kudos
Roadmaster71
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The TCM app was recently changed at the beginning of September, 2021.

The app no longer works. The TCM splash screen and menu come up and then it immediately returns to the Roku main menu. 

Roku Staff: Please fix this. Are you listening?

Tags (1)
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
Roadmaster71
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response.

I just now found the solution on this board. It involves removing the app and then reinstalling it. It now works fine. You might want to redirect to this solution: 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/watch-tcm-just-stopped-working-on-ultra-LT/m-...

0 Kudos
S80t6
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You may want to try restarting/rebooting your Roku device. I had a similar issue when TCM made some housekeeping changes (including changes to their logo and app) on September 1. Once I rebooted, everything worked normally.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Roadmaster71 

You might want to read the threads you were redirected to initially - they include that reinstall procedure (which is a standard reinstall procedure for all apps).

Its good that reinstall worked for you - however, the reinstall procedure isnt working for many users, especially those with older models.

Had you read the threads you were directed to, you'd be aware of this information.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@daveyj 

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

You can try reinstalling the TCM app:

1) Remove the TCM app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the TCM app

(If you dont restart after removal, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

However, reinstalling isnt working for many users, especially those with older models:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Watch-TCM-not-working-after-July-15-2021-upda...

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Cannot-access-TCM-format-changed-will-not-all...

Make sure you report the TCM app not loading to Roku:

Highlight Watch TCM,/Options (*)/Give us Feedback/Channel failed to launch

And to TCM:

https://tcmdigitalhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

0 Kudos