Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support chat advises unable to turn off closed caption

I contacted support chat regarding inability to turn off closed caption.  It was turned on by a guest who was watching TNT and it affects live tv.   Chat support says unable to turn off for live tv.   I have turned it off once before when this happened and now I am advised nothing can be done  Have tried the voice command which ways caption is off as well as going on accessability for captions shows off.  The caption is interferring with watching tv because it doesnot match the voice.   I mainly watch news shows and this affects both live and video watching.   Support does not offer any solution.  I cannot access support chat any longer  it is not available to click on .

Roku Model 3800X streaming stick

Serial # YF000K642154

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Support chat advises unable to turn off closed caption

When you say it affects live TV do you mean watching an OTA (over the air) channel with an antenna (or a cable channel) or "Live TV" in something like The Roku Channel?  If the former, have you tried your TV's remote control to disable CC?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos