Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Buttscratchr424
Channel Surfer

Re: Streaming stick won’t keep channels - always reloading

Better than wiping my a$$ with razor wire several times a day. 

I'll take a hot poker that allows me to see out of one eye compared to constant cleanup and bandaging. 

0 Kudos
shoptpt

I just had to create a user name as well just to agree w u that this is something that’s happened the last 3 months or so & the person who replied “maybe u shud upgrade to 5G” really pushed me near the edge. What a ridiculous thing to say & to think it is in anyway what the problem is. 

im having the same problem on all my Roku’s as well. My 3 streaming stick pluses as well as my one year old TCL ROKU tv. i have 7 channels on my Roku’s all of which I use daily. Apple TV plus updates 2 or 3 times before it will finally open up so I can watch it. Same w sling, HBO max etc etc.

I live in NYC & have the highest speed internet available.  I’m not going to start paying for 5G! Again, what a ridiculous answer that was. What has changed the past 3 months or so on my Roku’s is one thing.  Constantly having to deal with **bleep** advertising the ROKU channel. Constantly trying to get me to use it. Always announcing new features. I never use the ROKU channel as i can’t stand commercials.  But that’s what is continually in my face. And insert a micro card?  Please. 

I’ll continue reading in hopes that this issue has been addressed somewhere ahead but I’d it hasn’t I’m calling ROKU executive office & will get to the bottom of this problem. Ive spoken w apple and sling and HBO and Netflix, Hulu prime and PBS & they are aggravated that this is happening to me w their Channels. I pay a lot each month for these channels as does everyone else having this problem. 

ROKU has changed so much and not in a good way, for me anyway. 

0 Kudos
shoptpt

Me too!  Sick of it but upgrading to a new unit is unacceptable. Some of mine are 1 yr old. The tcl tv is 10 months.  

roku do something about this problem. 

0 Kudos
OKEE7
Reel Rookie

I have a Roku 3800R.  I had the same problem with Channels / Programs (Prime, Netflix, YouTube, etc.) reloading.  

This is what works for me.   Delete all of your Channels / Programs except for two of them. 

Then reboot your Roku stick.  (I unplug mine for 10 seconds and then plug it back in.)  and see if your problem doesn't go away.  

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

That’s not a fix, it’s just a bandaid. Simple fact is that older gen model doesn’t have enough memory for newer applets. Time for a new one.

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

TCL Roku TVs are not supported by Roku. That’s on TCL.

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

You people crack me up. You get get a new Streaming Stick 4k for $30 and ditch that now obsolete 3 year old one (and you should never use built in TV streamers whether Roku, Tizen, Android). That’s how things work in the 21st Century. The apps drive the problem you’re seeing. Just like on phones and computers, the software gets more and more bloated.

0 Kudos
OKEE7
Reel Rookie

You are probably right concerning the memory.  What I wrote solved the issue for me.  I had the issue when my Roku 3800R was new. (3 years ago).  As soon as I started loading several channels / programs I started having the problem.  When I reduced the channels / programs to 2 or less the problem went away.   If I decide that I want more than 2 extra channels / programs loaded into my Roku, at the same time, I will look into a streaming device that has more memory than a Roku 3800R.

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

I know that’s not the case as I had 5 3800Rs. The memory issue started in the last 7-8 months after one of the 10.x updates. 11.0 is in the pipe now so it’s entirely likely your issue is only going to get much much worse when your 3800R gets 11.0. I replaced three of mine with Roku Streaming Stick 4ks.

0 Kudos
OKEE7
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the info, but that was my experience.

0 Kudos