Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmyJim
Channel Surfer

Re: Streaming stick won’t keep channels - always reloading

Appreciate this tip. I tried the reboot you suggest to clear the cache many time with no luck however. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. The Roku that I have is very small. Do you think if I upgrade to one of the larger units I will have better results? Thanks.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It's too bad that it didn't help. After you clear the cache it will reload each channel as you open it the first time.  I'm not sure if performing the system update helps with that or not.

A unit with more channel storage may help.  I can't vouch for its accuracy, but you can see all the models and their specifications here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Buttscratchr424
Channel Surfer

Is that really a thing? Is sounds like up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, start.

0 Kudos
Buttscratchr424
Channel Surfer

Been doing this to ours, and resetting our account so that we've had to reinstall apps on our smart tvs as well. At first I thought #firstworldproblems , but it's **bleep** irritating when it happens every day, especially since netflix is a pia to log into sometimes. 
Netflix and plex are always the ones to drop, sometimes hulu completely resets. 

Buttscratchr424
Channel Surfer

Update: Now it happens on our TCL TV. And as a bonus, it happens every day, multiple times a day, in the middle of shows! It's so much fun having to re-add a channel and sign back in multiple times a day!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Buttscratchr424

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? 

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Are you serious asking for more info? Did you read the thread? How much more info do you need? Yes, it is happening to pretty much everyone. I have an Ultra and 4 sticks and all of the sticks reload YouTube TV every time I use each TV from off. The Ultra doesn’t not have this problem. It is annoying as **bleep**. Something is wrong that the sticks aren’t storing our most used apps.

JimmyJim
Channel Surfer

Hello.

As for me when I click just about any channel it hesitates and I get the circular arrow that spins to the right and it reloads. Sometimes it's about 5-10 seconds, sometimes longer. It's annoying and I really haven't gotten a solution. Should I delete some of the channels that are on there? The strange thing is I didn't have the problem 4-5 months ago. Something changed. My question has been up here forever, and I don't mean to be rude but, you would think that with the stock price at $400 dollars a share they could afford customer service to help fix this problem. 

Thanks-

0 Kudos
Buttscratchr424
Channel Surfer

Truth! With their stock price hitting all time highs, you would hope they'd spend the capital on customer service! 

But I really think that their last update screwed a lot of things up. And I hoped another update would fix the problems, but after waiting for months, and messaging back and forth with customer service and never getting my problem solved... I just bought a firestick and ran it as an hdmi input. 

@JimmyJim wrote:

Hello.

As for me when I click just about any channel it hesitates and I get the circular arrow that spins to the right and it reloads. Sometimes it's about 5-10 seconds, sometimes longer. It's annoying and I really haven't gotten a solution. Should I delete some of the channels that are on there? The strange thing is I didn't have the problem 4-5 months ago. Something changed. My question has been up here forever, and I don't mean to be rude but, you would think that with the stock price at $400 dollars a share they could afford customer service to help fix this problem. 

Thanks-

@JimmyJim wrote:

Hello.

Thanks-

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Firesticks are **bleep**. Sticking a hot poker in your eye isn’t a solution...

0 Kudos